In today’s era when we have to remember a lot of passwords, it is obvious that we keep forgetting passwords of our social media accounts and also WiFi. If you have forgotten the password of your WiFi and now you can not access it, we have some simple hacks/ways by which you can recover it. In this article, we will guide the best 5 ways to recover wifi password.
Just follow these simple ways and you should be able to recover your wifi password
Check if the password is on wifi router
If you have forgotten the wifi password of your home then recovering the password would be very easy. You just need to grab the wifi router and look for any sticker pasted on the router. You could find a sticker on which the password of the wifi network is mentioned, of course, if you have changed the password this trick won’t work. The password will be mentioned by name SSID, Wi-Fi password, Default password, password, or something like that. Just see the password from there and you are good to go.
Find password in windows 11
So if you are having a windows machine that you use and it is also connected to the WiFi that you forgot, you can use it to find the WiFi password. Just follow these steps
- Go to the settings in your windows 11 pc, then click on Network and sharing.
- Scroll down and click on the More Network adapter option under Advance network settings, a window will pop up.
- Select your WiFi and then click on wireless properties.
- Change tab to security and you will find WiFi password over there.
Finding passwords in windows 10/8/7 is also very similar to this.
Press the WPS button to connect another windows device
If you do not have a windows pc connected to the WiFi network then you should follow this step
- Take your router and examine it if it has a button that says WPS.
- If yes then press the button and you should be able to connect any device to the network for a while
- Connect your windows pc to it.
- Now that you have connected the pc to the wifi network just follow the first way and you should be able to recover the password.
Find wifi password with iPhone or iPad
If your iPhone or iPad is connected to the wifi network whose password you have forgotten you can recover it with the help of an iPhone or iPad. You can use PassFab iOS Password Manager. Just follow the steps given
- Install the PassFab iOS Password Manager on our PC or laptop and connect it to your iPhone or iPad.
- Once you connect your device using a USB cable, begin the scan to initiate the recovery process.
- And as soon as the scan completes, you’ll recover your password, now just note it down anywhere so that you can find it later on.
Find through router settings
You can also find wifi passwords through your WiFi router settings, just find out which brand router you are using and search how to open IP settings in that router and then follow these steps
- Open your web browser and type the default IP of your router most of the routers have 192.168.0.1.
- Then login to the setup page if you have not changed these settings before then the username and password will be mentioned on your router
- From there you can look for the SSID option and you can change or view the wifi password from there.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App. You can find the latest car and bike news here.