WhatsApp is a Facebook-owned cross-platform centralized messaging and voice-over-IP (VoIP) service that allows you to connect with your family, friends, and contacts. WhatsApp status is a handy tool that enables you to post your pictures or videos so that your friends and contacts can view them. WhatsApp allows you to choose people with whom you wish to share your status. These are as follows.
- My Contacts: This option lets you share your status with all your contacts
- My Contacts Except: This option allows you to share our status with your contacts except for people you select.
- Only Share With: This option enables you to share your status only with selected contacts.
Who would need to download a WhatsApp status?
WhatsApp status is quite similar to Instagram Stories. Both of them offer you features to enhance your pictures or videos to post them as a highlight. WhatsApp, just like Instagram, does not offer any feature to download a picture or video from someone’s status. Although you can take the screenshot, you can’t download the image or video posted as a WhatsApp status.
There are several methods to save the WhatsApp status of a person. Some third-party apps also allow you to download a person’s WhatsApp status. However, you should not blindly trust third-party applications as they often demand you to sign in to your account. Here we will discuss the most secure method to save a person’s WhatsApp status on your Android device.
How can you download WhatsApp status on your Android smartphone?
To download an image or a video posted as a WhatsApp status on your Android smartphone follows these steps.
- Go to the Play Store and install the Files by Google app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.nbu.files)
- Launch the app.
- Tap the three dots located at the top left corner of the screen.
- Select Settings and activate the toggle for the “show hidden files” option.
- Launch the File Manager of your Android device.
- Go to Internal storage > WhatsApp > Media > Status
- Here you can find all the WhatsApp status that you have viewed.
- Choose the desired image that you wish to download.
- Tap and hold the selected image or video and save it to the desired location.
It must be noted that the above steps may differ across different Android version. However, the basic concept remains the same. Do let us know in the comments how did you like this tutorial on how to download WhatsApp Status image or video?
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.