Now mute chats forever with the new WhatsApp feature. The Social media app is rolling out a new ‘Always’ option in the chat setting to let you mute your chat forever. Until now the feature was under beta testing and now a stable version is out for the general public.
Facebook-owned chatting app WhatsApp took to Twitter to announce the new ‘Always’ option in chat settings to allow the users to mute a chat forever. Earlier the users were allowed to mute notifications for chats individually for up to 8 hours and 1 week and 1 year. But now the 1 year has been replaced by the Always option in the chat settings whereas the 8 hours and 1-week option remains unchanged. The feature is being rolled out to iOS, Android and WhatsApp web as well.
How to enable the Always Mute option on WhatsApp for Android users?
The new feature will allow you to mute a chat forever instead of 1 year. Here is how you can enable it on your device:
- If you have an Android device all you need to do is simply open WhatsApp on your smartphone
- Now go to a chat, tap on the three-dot button on the top right corner of a specific chat.
- Now select Mute notifications
- A new window will appear to set a time duration to keep a chat mute.
- Out of the three options 8 hours, 1 week, or Always hit on the latter one to and that chat will mute for an indefinite period.
How to enable the ‘Always Mute’ option for iOS users?
- The iOS users can open WhatsApp on their device
- Select a chat and tap on the mute notification
- Select the Always mute option to mute a chat forever
In a similar way, you can also unmute notifications in the chat settings.
Interestingly, the Android devices will still allow you to show notification even if the chat is muted. No pop-up notification will still appear on your screen. However, this functionality is not available for iOS users.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.