The 2022 App Store Awards were announced by Apple today. According to the company, 16 games and applications that encouraged people to participate in the world more intimately, use their ideas more freely, and maintain relationships with friends and family have been the highlight.
The winners of this year’s competition reflect an international developer community that is diverse and whose apps and games have been chosen by Apple’s worldwide App Store editorial team for providing outstanding experiences and having a significant cultural effect.
While announcing the winners of the 2022 App Store Awards Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO said, “This year’s App Store Award winners reimagined our experiences with apps that delivered fresh, thoughtful, and genuine perspectives. From self-taught solo creators to international teams spanning the globe, these entrepreneurs are making a meaningful impact, and represent the ways in which apps and games influence our communities and lives.”
The countless options found in the App Store and Apple’s ecosystem of devices are reflected in this year’s winners. Fitness tracker Gentler Streak helps users balance exercise and rest to maintain a healthy lifestyle, and innovative social media tool BeReal offers users a real peek into the lives of their family and friends. With best-in-class Apple Pencil compatibility, GoodNotes 5 elevates digital note-taking to a new level. ViX’s creators push Spanish-language stories to the forefront of entertainment, while MacFamilyTree 10’s magnificent visual family trees and collaboration with loved ones throughout the world inspire a deeper understanding of genealogy.
The business claims that Apex Legends Mobile offers the intense, popular battle royale game to iPhone. Moncage’s enduring riddles masterfully manipulate perspective, and Inscryption’s immersive card battler captivates players with its avant-garde storytelling. El Hijo, a story set in the Wild West, is a cleverly made stealth game that looks fantastic when played with Apple TV on a large screen. Players can manage the most significant esports leagues in the world in League of Legends Esports Manager, a unique life simulation game from Apple Arcade, and Wylde Flowers, a delightful world of colourful characters and magical spells.
2022 App Store Award Winners
- iPhone App of the Year: BeReal, from BeReal.
- iPad App of the Year: GoodNotes 5, from Time Base Technology Limited.
- Mac App of the Year: MacFamilyTree 10, from Synium Software GmbH.
- Apple TV App of the Year: ViX, from TelevisaUnivision Interactive, Inc.
- Apple Watch App of the Year: Gentler Streak, from Gentler Stories LLC.
- iPhone Game of the Year: Apex Legends Mobile, from Electronic Arts.
- iPad Game of the Year: Moncage, from X.D. Network Inc.
- Mac Game of the Year: Inscryption, from Devolver.
- Apple TV Game of the Year: El Hijo, from HandyGames.
- Apple Arcade Game of the Year: Wylde Flowers, from Studio Drydock Pty Ltd.
- China Game of the Year: League of Legends Esports Manager, from Shen-zhen Tencent Tianyou Technology Ltd.
Cultural Impact Winners
Apple’s App Store editors chose five Cultural Impact winners in addition to honouring the top apps and games for Apple devices that have had a significant cultural impact. The winners of this year’s contest inspire users to express their feelings more fully, build genuine connections with people, honour their ancestry and the generations that came before them, and think about how to improve the world now.
- How We Feel from the How We Feel Project, Inc.
- Dot’s Home from the Rise-Home Stories Project
- Locket Widget from Locket Labs, Inc.
- Waterllama from Vitalii Mogylevets
- Inua – A Story in Ice and Time from ARTE Experience
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App. You can find the latest car and bike news here.