Our Government is taking several measures in the wake to control the coronavirus pandemic in India. Due to lockdown in several parts of the country, the offices have been shut down and the employees are being asked to work from home for health concerns. In the need of the hour, it is very important that your Wi-Fi should be fast as well as reliable so that it does not cause any hindrance while you perform work duties sitting at your home, studying, your kids attending online school classes or just self-quarantining.
Some time despite choosing a good high-speed data plan either your Wi-Fi struggle with poor internet connections or weak signal strength. So, in this case, follow some tips to fix your Wi-Fi speed to ensure the best possible speed for your laptop or any other work device.
- Firstly disconnect all the devices which have been connected to your Wi-Fi router. These devices unnecessarily slow down the internet speed.
- Sometimes placing your router in a better place helps in speeding up your internet. Try placing up the Wi-Fi router slightly away from walls and other electrical appliances. Keep the router somewhere in the center of your house or in open space. Sometimes people cover up the device inside a cabinet or at a hidden place. For best results, Wifi routers should be kept away from heavy electronics such as refrigerators which also impact its coverage.
- For optimum results use multiple service set identifiers (SSID) with definite bandwidth. Allocating a limited amount of speed to the devices, allocating more bandwidth to your work devices such as laptops or phones will at least help in delivering proper required speed to each of your devices.
- Also, use a dual-band router to ensure it offers both 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency. Also, connect your working device to a separate frequency and also ensure no other device is connected to that frequency. This trick helps to speed up the WiFi while reducing interference with other devices.
- If your Wifi is placed somewhere near your working device try using a LAN cable because wired ethernet connections work best and one of the best options.
- You can also choose to go for 5GHz frequency in your dual-band router instead of 2.4GHz for the best possible speed if the proximity is close to the router.
- Or if your work station is at a far distance, for instance, more than 10 feet then you can opt for 2.4GHz frequency in the dual-band router for better signal strength.
- Try searching and avoid working from Wi-Fi dead zones which is now possible via a third-party app. These apps help you identify those spots.
- Or you can also use repeaters and extenders to boost wireless coverage. If there are too many obstructions such as walls to penetrate the Wi-Fi signal will eventually drop. So you can use repeaters and extenders so that the signal strength never drops while boosting Wi-Fi coverage.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.