Google Photos, like a number of other services by the technology giant, has become one among the most indispensable apps for Android smartphones. It stores as many images as you can manage to click and doesn’t cost a penny. But then, having thousands of photos in your smartphone often means that it becomes incredibly hard to look for them. Not many are aware, but Google Photos has a number of tools that can help you keep your pictures organised and make using the app more manageable.
Here, we have listed down everything that you can do organize your pictures on Google Photos, and no, it wouldn’t take ages to follow them. Take a look:
You may think that this is the most basic way of organizing Google Photos, but then, it is very effective. Follow these steps to make albums in your Google Photos app:
- Select the images that you want to include in the album by long pressing on the first one and then clicking on the rest of them.
- Press the plus icon in the top right corner of the screen and then tap on ‘Album’.
- You will then be prompted with a number of options. Click on ‘New Album’ if you want to create a fresh album for the photos or ‘Shared Album’ if you want to put them in an album that other people have access to. You can also find and select an existing album.
- Name your album and click on the blue checkmark to save the images in it.
Create albums of people or pets
If you don’t have too much time, you can actually get AI’s help in making these albums. This is particularly true if you want to create albums showing images of specific people or pets. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to the ‘Albums’ tab in Google Photos.
- Click on the ‘New Album’ under the ‘Albums’ header.
- Select the option of automatically adding photos of people and pets.
- Choose the faces that you want to include the images in your album and then tap on ‘Confirm’.
- Add a title for your album and then exit from the album.
Google Photos will then keep on adding relevant new photos in the album on its own.
Pick out your ‘Favourites’
The easiest way to quickly access an image in Google Photos is by marking it as your favourite. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open any image or video in Google Photos.
- Click on the Star icon on the upper right corner of the image or video.
All the photos that have a star on them will appear in the ‘Favourites’ section of the app.
Google Photos is doing it for you
You may not realise it, but Google Photos has been organizing your photos already. You can head to ‘Albums’ section of the app and on the top, you’ll find various albums with the titles – People, Places, Places and Things.