Home News Huawei claims to have launched 'World's First' 5G Hardware for Autos'

Huawei claims to have launched ‘World’s First’ 5G Hardware for Autos’

Chinese electronics maker Huawei Technologies has today launched what it calls as the world’s first 5G communications hardware that is meant for the automotive industry. This is being considered as a sign of Huawei’s growing ambition to be one among the key suppliers for the self-driving technology sector.

In a statement, the company said that the so-called MH5000 module is based on the Balong 5000 5G chip that was launched earlier this year in January. The statement read, “Based on this chip, Huawei has developed the world’s first 5G car module with high speed and high quality.”

Huawei launched its newest offering at Shanghai Autoshow, which kicked off last week and will go on till Thursday. The company further added, “As an important communication product for future intelligent car transportation, this 5G car module will promote the automotive industry to move towards the 5G era.”

The Chinese technology brand also said that the module will help it to commercialise 5G network technology for the automotive sector in the second half of 2019.

In the last few years, Huawei has also been testing technology for intelligent connected cars in various cities in China including Shanghai, Shenzhen and Wuxi. The company has also signed cooperation deals with a number of car makers including FAW, Dongfeng and Changan.

It is worth adding that Huawei, which has become the world’s biggest telecoms equipment maker, is now working on becoming the leader of the global race for next-generation 5G networks, but has under a lot of scrutiny from the United States. The United States has alleged that Huawei’s equipment could be used for espionage. However, the Chinese smartphone maker has always denied these allegations.

In the latest development on this note, the US Intelligence has accused Huawei of receiving funding from China’s National Security Commission, the People’s Liberation Army along with the third batch of Chinese state Intelligence network.

It should be noted that the new development between the US and the Chinese company comes at a time when the trade tensions between the US and Huawei are high.

While as of now, the Chinese smartphone maker has not commented on the latest allegations, in the past, the company did issue a statement on the matter. Speaking on the allegations against the company, a representative from Huawei said in a statement, “Huawei does not comment on unsubstantiated allegations backed up by zero evidence from anonymous sources.”

For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on TwitterFacebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.

Loading...

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Follow Us

130,490FansLike
9,559FollowersFollow
4,657FollowersFollow
4,507SubscribersSubscribe

Must Read

Motorola One Action launched in India

Motorola One Action smartphone with triple rear cameras launched in India

Lenovo-owned company Motorola has finally launched the new Motorola One Action in India. The new smartphone in Motorola One lineup was unveiled at an...