Meta published their annual report covering the main trends across all of its platforms for the year, with a particular emphasis on Reels. The research, titled “Reels in Review,” demonstrates the rising popularity of singers like Shubh and cricketers like Surya Kumar Yadav. Along with songs like “Kesariya” and “Kacha Badam,” it also depicts the enthusiasm that people feel for recent movies like “Bhediya” and forthcoming ones like “Pathaan.”
According to Meta, its report highlights the topics, trends and moments that entertained India in 2022, and those that are keeping us excited for the upcoming year. Indian artists account for 15 of the top 20 most-played songs on Reels on Instagram worldwide.
India produced more than a million ICC T20 World Cup-related Instagram clips.
Popular and Growing Interests on Reels
Virat Kohli is still one of the most widely used hashtags on reels, but Surya Kumar Yadav is also gaining popularity, said the research. Shubh, a musician, attracted reel-ers’ interest as well because he was one of the most popular hashtags in comparison to 2021.
As people discussed their interest in “Bhediya,” “Family Guy,” “Ek Villain Returns,” “Naagin 6,” “Vikram,” “Mismatched Season 2,” and the impending “Pathaan,” movies and television shows continued to leave their marks on popular culture.
Moreover, the just finished ICC Men’s cricket #T20WorldCup and #QatarWorldCup, sports have been a significant and expanding topic of attention. India produced more than a million ICC T20 World Cup-related Instagram clips.
Music on Reels
According to Meta’s analysis, original audio and music from our music library have been driving trends on reels on Facebook and Instagram. The top 20 songs played on Instagram reels worldwide included 15 songs by Indian musicians.
Srivalli by Javed Ali and “Baarish Main Tum” by Neha Kakkar are two of the most well-liked songs for all age groups on Instagram and Facebook. The most well-known songs included “Jhoom” by Ali Zafar, “Gypsy” by G.D. Kaur, “KGF 2 Theme Song,” and “Kesariya” by Pritam, Arijit Singh, and Amitabh Bhattacharya. The list also included classic sounds like “Kacha Badam” and retro music like “Tumsa Koi Pyaara.”
AR Effects On Reels
People used augmented reality (AR) effects in their reels extensively and interestingly while expressing their hobbies and utilising music. The top AR effects used included Enhance, Al1 soften, and Smoke Flare VR.
The full list of some of the most popular topics, songs, visual effects, and stickers on reels in 2022 is as follows:
Popular and Growing Interests
- Personalities – Surya Kumar Yadav, Shubh
- Films and Series – ‘Bhediya’, ‘Family Guy’, ‘Naagin 6’, ‘Vikram’, ‘Mismatched Season 2’, ‘Pathaan’
- Sports – T20 World Cup, Qatar World Cup
ICC T20 World Cup
- More than 1 million reels on Instagram related to the ICC T20 World Cup were created in India
- There were more than 2 billion engagement (likes, comments and shares) on Instagram reels created in India
- Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma and Hardik Pandya were the top three most mentioned Indian cricketers on reels in India
- ‘Srivalli’ by Javed Ali
- ‘Baarish Main Tum’ by Neha Kakkar
- ‘Kesariya’ by Pritam, Arijit Singh and Amitabh Bhattacharya
- ‘Gypsy’ by G.D. Kaur
- KGF 2 theme (Remake) by Kamal Eleven
- 𝙰𝚕𝟷 𝚜𝚘𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚗
- Smoke Flare VR
Add Yours sticker on Stories (last 90 days)
- Current song in your mind ? Dnt skip ❤
- Don’t cheat!! Show your lockscreen!
- Mirror pics ONLY
- Write your full name with your mother’s surname
- Last sky pic\nDon’t cheat
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App. You can find the latest car and bike news here.