Microsoft’s very own Edge browser has a new version and will soon be available for Windows and MacOS users. The Edge browser is now based on an engine similar to the one which powers Google’s Chrome browser. After a year of development, the all-new Microsoft Edge will include compatibility for all websites and will not hold the same issues it did previously with certain websites and browser plugins/add-ons.
Microsoft Edge’s new version will be based on Chromium, a project that is available to open source from and is similar to Google Chrome in function. This will enable Microsoft Edge users to utilise browser extensions that were previously exclusive only to Google Chrome. The most recent edition of Edge will need the user giving access to Chrome’s extensions before installing the browsers. Edge is now evolved, from being dependent on Microsoft’s own browser engine to being based on Chromium.
The new and evolved Edge browser will soon be available for download to all users. Microsoft will soon enable users who have access to the Windows Insiders program to download and enable the new Edge browser on their device first.
Here’s how to install the all-new Microsoft Edge on your device:
- Users will need to select their operating system from the options available on the download menu of Microsoft Edge’s webpage. Edge is now available to users of Windows 10, and users running devices on MacOS, iOS, Android and older versions of Windows like Windows 8,8.1 and even Windows 7.
- Users will then have to download the file containing the setup files of the browser
- Edge will then automatically install and start, it will also give users the option to import bookmarks and data including browser history and auto-fill data from the Chrome browser running on the device. Users also have the option to import data later. Users also have a customise import button that will enable them to access data from Firefox if they are running Firefox previous to the installation of Microsoft Edge.
- Users will then have to choose the look of Edge best suited to their choice from the options of Inspirational, Informational or Focused. The new edition of Edge also lets users sync data across a variety of devices, users can avail this feature while setting up the browser.
- As the final step, users will have to choose to allow or disallow Microsoft’s personalization on the user’s browsing experience on the browser.
After installing Edge, users have the option to add additional extensions to enrich their browsing experience from the Microsoft Store and the Google Chrome Web store by downloading extensions from the extensions page of the browser.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.