Choosing the right password manager for your Android Smartphone is not an easy task. There are thousands of applications on the internet that claim to provide a highly secure place to keep and manage your passwords. But it is also true that a significant number of such apps have been found to be nothing but phishing apps. Some of them even found to be a source to ransomware, thereby, defeating the very purpose of a password manager. However, after thorough research, we’ve found the most trusted password managing apps to keep your credentials secure. These are as follows.
Table of Contents
Dashlane is a password manager app for Android that preserves logins with 256-bit AES encryption and offers an accessible user interface. The features provided by Dashlane’s app are as follows:
- Secure VPN: Dashlane provides a virtual private network (VPN) administering the internet usage entirely private.
- Dark web monitoring: The app observes the dark web for unauthorised logins and informs you to change your password if any unscrupulous activity is found.
- Two-factor authentication (2FA): Your identity remains secure with a one-time password, USB key, or a biometric fingerprint scan.
The free version of Dashlane will be sufficient for you if you want to store only 50 passwords. For feeding more passwords, you can upgrade your account to premium with 30-days money-back guarantee. Dashlane comes with a one-click password changer that allows you to replace vulnerable passwords with strong ones.
1Password provides a friendly user interface and a variety of features to manage your passwords that are as follows.
- Dark web monitoring: This feature scans the dark web for any suspected breach of data. It also lets you know about weak passwords.
- Two-factor authentication (2FA): The app comes with a built-in authentication that adds another layer of security by syncing with one-time password apps.
- Travel mode: The Travel mode allows you to delete some logins to protect sensitive data while you’re venturing out.
1Password is the most suitable password manager for families as it offers an intuitive feature for sharing passwords, notes, and sensitive information among users.
RoboForm comes with templates for securing data from passports, credit cards, etc., and provides an auto-fill capability for a quick submission of forms. The major features of the app are as follows.
RoboForm also comes with good security features like:
- Two-factor authentication (2FA): RoboForm provides double security by syncing with two-factor authentication apps like Google Authenticator.
- Password security auditing:The app regularly checks for vulnerable and reused passwords and automatically informs you to update them.
- Encrypted bookmarks storage: RoboForm can sync and save bookmarks on all your devices for quick access to the desired websites.
The free version of RoboForm provides comes with infinite password storage with the auto-filling feature. However, if you want to add multi-device sync, 2FA, and cloud backup, you may go for the premium version named RoboForm Everywhere Family.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.