GIFs make conversations with friends more fun. In simple words, we can say that they are like animated pictures that showcase our feelings better. However, most of us rely on websites like GIPHY to get new GIFs that are apt to describe our emotions in a particular conversation. Various social media platforms like Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram also offer a gallery of GIFs that the users can choose from to send their friends. Furthermore, WhatsApp and YouTube even let you create your own GIFs. Here, we will tell you how you can create your own GIFs on WhatsApp and YouTube.
Let’s begin with WhatsApp. Firstly, for those unaware, here’s how you can find and send GIFs on the popular instant messaging app:
- Open the chat of the friend whom you wish to send a GIF on WhatsApp.
- Click on the Emoji icon on the chat bar. This is the same icon you click to select emojis for a chat.
- You will see that besides emojis in chat window, there is a GIF icon and a Sticker icon.
- Press on the GIF icon.
- Here, you will find an entire gallery of GIFs that you can send your friends.
- You can press on the search icon on the bottom left to look for more GIFs. You can type words like ‘Lol’ or ‘Beyonce’ or even the name of a movie to get appropriate GIFs.
Coming to how you can create your own GIFs on WhatsApp, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to the chat of the friend whom you wish to send the GIF.
- Press on the Attach icon.
- Select the video from which you wish to create a GIF.
- In edit, reduce the size of the video to 6 seconds or less.
- An option of creating a GIF would appear on the top right. Toggle it to GIF.
- Hit send to share it with your friend.
WhatsApp is not the only platform that lets you create your GIFs. You can do that on YouTube too. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Go to the YouTube video you wish to create a GIF out of.
- Add ‘gif’ before the URL of the video.
- This will take you to gifs.com, and here you can create GIFs with a variety of effects.
- You can directly share the GIF on your social media profiles or to download it.
Note: YouTube videos that are too long may not work too well with this shortcut.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.