Using Wi-Fi is very convenient indoors or outdoors. Wi-Fi gives you the desired bandwidth to browse and download. However, at times it gets very unnecessary to keep saving that Wi-Fi you no longer connect to. It only creates an unwanted long list of Wi-Fi points you have connected to in the past. You can easily remove that old password from your Android mobile. Here are the steps.
On Android stock
This guide to delete old Wi-Fi networks is for Google Pixel, Motorola, and Nokia smartphones that are running the Android one operating system. And the steps will also work on Android 9, Android 10, Android 11. Here are the steps.
- First, you need to open the screen or unlock the screen if there is a password
- Now you have to open the settings on your Android smartphones which have a tool icon
- After opening the setting the next step you have to do is open the Network and Internet option
- Scroll down and press on the Wi-Fi options
- Now the list of Wi-Fi you were connected
- Select the wifi you want to forget
- Click on the setting with the tool icon
- And now press the forget button: that is a Bin icon
On Xiaomi Phones
Xiaomi also gives the options to delete the old Wi-Fi options. The steps are for MIUI 10, MIUI 11, and MIUI 12 versions. Follow the steps.
- Go to the settings
- Then click on Wi-Fi
- Select the Wi-Fi network you want to delete
- Scroll down and find Forget
- Press the forget option
Read more: How to restore your deleted WhatsApp chats
On Samsung Phones
These steps are for those Samsung smartphones, which have One User Interface. The company allows the user to forget and delete the old and unnecessary Wi-Fi networks.
Follow the steps.
- You need to go to setting first
- Find “Connection” and select it
- Find the Wi-Fi you want to forget or delete
- Now press the setting icon
- Navigate to forget
Read also: How can you bring back recently deleted images on Instagram?
On OnePlus Phones
You can follow this step for Oneplus smartphones, which have OxygenOS. The steps on this operating system are also simple.
- Go to device setting
- Press Wi-Fi and internet option
- Tap on the Saved Wi-Fi option
- Then click on Delete and you will be able to remove the old Wi-Fi
On Sony smartphones
The mobile sony also gives you the option to forget the unwanted Wi-Fi that you do not connect to it anymore. The steps are for Sony Xperia phones which have Xperia UI. Check the steps below.
- Find the configuration button
- Go to mobile and networks
- Select Wi-FI
- Pick the Wi-Fi you want to delete
- Press and Hold on to it
- Now press Forget
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.