LinkedIn has been the most favoured social network platform for connecting professionals with each other. The Networking sites also allow you to grow your career by connecting you to other fellow professionals. But as everything comes to an end if you ever decide to delete your LinkedIn account, here are the steps you should follow. Check the guide below.
Delete account from Setting and Privacy:
You can remove your account from the settings and privacy page. Remember, once you hit the delete button it means you will permanently close your account and remove all the information from the site. Read the steps below to delete the account.
- Open LinkedIn on the Web or the app
- Log in using your username and password
- Find the profile on the top right corner with the icon of your profile
- Click the profile icon on the toolbar
- And from the drop-down page go to Settings and Privacy
- From the next page select Account
- Scroll down to Account Management and tap on it
- Now from the page open on the right find Closing your LinkedIn account
- Click on it and select Next
- Now for the last step, you need to enter your LinkedIn password and tap the Close account button
Read more: How to temporarily deactivate your Instagram account?
Temporary disabling account:
There is another option for deleting your LinkedIn account. But this process is for deleting your Linkedin profile for a temporary period. This step is just in case if you want to get some time off from LinkedIn, but are not sure if you want to completely delete it or you know you will surely want to come back to LinkedIn again. The option is best suited if you do not want to start from scratch when you want to use a LinkedIn account again. Follow the steps below steps to temporarily disable your LinkedIn profile.
- Open any internet browser and open the LinkedIn website
- Enter your username and password and log in to your LinkedIn account
- Go to the taskbar and click on the profile icon on the top right corner
- From the drop-down menu select the Settings and privacy
- Now click on Account
- From the next window scroll down and search for the option Hibernating your LinkedIn account
- You have to click on the Hibernating button
- Now the page will show on screen: Everyone needs a break once in a while
- Answer few questions before temporary disabling it
- And give reasons for deactivating your account
- Select Next
- Enter password again to finish the step
- And click Hibernate account
Read also: Running short of storage? Here are the best ways to free up storage space on your PC
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.