You can fake your phone’s location by informing applications that you are someplace you’re not on an iPhone or Android smartphone. Most of the time, any location-based app on your phone will be duped when you spoof your GPS location. Since most of us use GPS for activities that need our actual location, including getting directions and weather reports, this may seem like a strange thing to do. There are, nevertheless, valid justifications for changing GPS location without jailbreak.
Why Would You Fake Your Location?
There are many reasons why people want to fake GPS location. Here list three common reasons.
1. Protect your online privacy
Nowadays, some individuals are concerned about their privacy since every app knows where they go regularly. It’s always preferable to spoof your GPS location and conceal your present location since you never know how various applications will use your geolocation data.
2. Avoid sharing real location on social media apps
Social media applications like Facebook and Instagram also use your GPS location to filter information in your news feed and personalize your user experience. You may also maintain your online anonymity in this situation by altering your current location.
3. Play Geo-Blocked games anytime
When using location-based games like Pokemon GO, you will need to fake your GPS location and then you can play geo-blocked games without restrictions. As for Pokemon GO lovers, they need to change their iPhone location and use the GPS joystick to change direction.
GPS Spoofing Problems
You should know before getting started that although faking your location can be fun, it isn’t always useful. In addition, GPS spoofing isn’t a built-in feature, so it isn’t as easy to set up, and not all apps support it.
In the case of a fake GPS location app being installed on your phone, you may find that other apps, which require your accurate location, will also use the fake location. Your spoofed address might be used to your advantage in the game, for example. The location spoofer must still be turned off, or your starting location must be manually adjusted when you open your navigation app to get directions.
Likewise, you can check in at restaurants, update your family GPS locator; check the weather outside, etc. Changing your location system-wide will affect all the location-based applications on your phone.
How to Change Your Location on iPhone?
One of the greatest iPhone location spoofers is Tenorshare iAnyGo. Since it lets you change your location on iPhone and simulate GPS movement and has several other helpful features.
Here are some essential attributes of Tenorshare iAnyGo.
- Simulate GPS movement based on a customized route.
- Without jailbreaking your phone, you can modify your GPS location.
- With a GPS joystick, you can change the direction of travel flexibly.
- Support for iPhone 13/13 Mini/13 Pro Max and iOS 15.5 is available.
- Significant location-based applications are compatible, such as Pokemon Go, WhatsApp, Google Maps, and others.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to fake your location on iPhone with Tenorshare iAnyGo:
Step 1: Launch the tool, then change the default option to “Change Location”. Press the “Enter” key to begin.
Step 2: Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable.
Step 3: In the search window, type the address or GPS location you wish to teleport to, such as London City, and then click “Start to Modify” button.
How to Change Location on Android?
You may discover many alternatives on Google Play if you search for “fake GPS,” some of which are free while others are not, and some call for rooting your phone.
It’s really simple to change location on Android using the Fake GPS Free app, which doesn’t need your phone to be rooted as long as you’re running Android 6.0 or newer.
- Install Fake GPS Free.
- Accept the basic setup prompts after opening the program. The first is granting the app access to your device’s location, and the second is accepting the conditions of the advertisement.
- Select While using the app on the first prompt in current versions of Android (previous versions may refer to this as something else), and then tap ACCEPT on the advertisement message.
- After completing the training tour, tap OK. On the notification concerning fake locations that appear at the bottom, choose Enable.
- To get that page, choose Developer Settings, then select Mock Location App > FakeGPS Free.
- To activate the phony GPS option, press the play button in the bottom-left corner of the map.
- Return to the app using the back button, then use your phone to look up the place you want to pretend to be. Tap and hold on to the map while creating a path to drop put markers.If you’d like to test another Android location spoofer, we can confirm that the following free applications, Fake GPS, Fly GPS, and Fake GPS Location, perform similarly to Fake GPS Free.
When considering the available methods of faking a GPS location on your phone, it is clear that Tenorshare iAnyGo is effective for spoofing location on an iPhone. The software defines precisely how to fake GPS location and works faultlessly with every location-based app you have installed on your iPhone. If you are using an Android phone, you can download a third-party app from Google Play to change your location on Android.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App. You can find the latest car and bike news here.