Stories were initially started on Snapchat, which let users share images and videos with their friends for 24 hours. After multiple unsuccessful attempts of buying Snapchat and its building its own versions of the app, Facebook just took inspiration from the feature and introduced it on Instagram. Since Instagram is a photo-sharing platform, Stories became an instant hit there. Following this, the social media giant rolled out the feature to WhatsApp, Messenger and Facebook. If anyone is under the misconception that Facebook Stories are not as popular as the ones on other platforms, we should tell you that the social media giant recently announced that it has more than 500 million people use the feature on its platform every day.
Yes, it’s a big number and it clearly indicates that scores of people across the globe are using Facebook Stories. However, if you have not started using it till now, it’s never too late. They work a lot as Instagram Stories do. But apart of ‘Filters’, Facebook Stories come with ‘Frames’.
If you are new to Facebook Stories, we should tell you about Frames as they would help you make your Story different and more interesting. As the name suggests, Frames are basically different kind of outlines and drawings that can be added to the photo or video you are uploading on your Story to make it look more attractive. Various companies have also made their own Frames and put them on Facebook. For instance, LG made some frames for Facebook Stories to celebrate its 22 years in India. There are frames available for Salman Khan’s movie Bharat and also the famous ‘Pyar ek dhoka hai’ frame from AIB.
Here’s how you can find and use frames on Facebook Stories:
- Open your Facebook app.
- You will see rectangular shaped icons on the top of the page. These are your friends’ Facebook Stories. There will also be one with your profile picture on it. Click on it to make your own Story.
- You will see the option of adding a picture or a video, text, taking a selfie for the Story, making a Boomerang or creating a Poll.
- Select the option of your choice and upload the media that you wish to share.
- After this, you can swipe right on the Story you are creating to change filters.
- To add a frame, choose the option of ‘Effects’ on the bottom left.
- A number of frames will open up in front of you. You can try on a number of them and keep the one you like on your Story.
- Once this is done, just click ‘Share to Story’ button on the bottom right.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.