Fitbit is a gadget that helps you track your fitness by providing stats about your physical activity and sleep cycle. You can enhance the experience by linking your Fitbit with a voice assistant such as Alexa. Once you link your Fitbit with Alexa, it will inform you regarding your daily workouts and activities.
How to Pair Fitbit with Alexa via the Alexa App?
Almost all Fitbit bands and smartwatches are compatible with a variety of voice assistants. To pair a Fitbit with Alexa, you just need to activate the skill on the Alexa application. Follow these steps.
- Start the Alexa application using your smartphone
- Tap the hamburger icon located at the top left.
- Now tap Skills & Games.
- Tap the Search icon located at the top of the screen
- Typ and choose Fitbit from the search results.
- Go to the details page of the Fitbit skill
- Tap the Enable to Use option.
- On the Fitbit login page, enter your email and password corresponding to your Fitbit account.
- You will be required to permit Alexa to view your Fitbit data.
- Tap the Allow option.
You will finally receive a notification conforming to the successful linking of Alexa with your Fitbit.
How to set up Alexa from within the Fitbit smartwatch?
To set up Alexa from within the Fitbit device itself, follow these steps.
- Launch the Fitbit app.
- Go to the Today and tap your profile picture
- Tap the ‘your device image’ option.
- Now go to Amazon Alexa and sign in with your Amazon account. If you don’t have an account, you will be required to create one.
- Tap the Close option to go back to the Settings of your smartwatch.
Price: ₹ 13,999
How does Alexa work with Fitbit?
To let Alexa tell you about your physical activities, you need to begin your question with the phrase, “Alexa, ask Fitbit…” as given below.
- “Alexa, ask Fitbit how many steps took.”
- “Alexa, ask Fitbit how many calories burned.”
- “Alexa, ask Fitbit how many stairs climbed.”
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.