Instant messaging platform WhatsApp has billions of users across the globe. The app has literally replaced the messages that we used to send earlier. Most of us would find our communications completely paralysed if we had to uninstall WhatsApp for a day. However, because there are so many people on WhatsApp, it naturally means that the app sends too many notifications.
The number of notifications that WhatsApp sends can be very annoying at times. But then, on the upside, you don’t have to live with this. There ways to get only those notifications from WhatsApp that truly matter.
As we all know, the most number of notifications that we get on WhatsApp are from Groups. If you are a part of a WhatsApp Group that you are not interested in but cannot leave, here’s how you can mute them:
- Open WhatsApp and tap on the group you wish to mute notifications of.
- Tap on the name of the group on the top bar.
- This will open the Group information page where you will be able to see the description, media and participants.
- Below Media, there is an option of ‘Mute notifications’.
- Enable the toggle next to it to stop all notifications from that WhatsApp group.
We should mention that you can follow the same set of instructions to mute notifications from a particular contact. However, instead of going to a Group, select the person’s contact from your WhatsApp contacts instead.
Now, let’s move on to see how you can customize notifications on WhatsApp. Take a look at how you can do it on a group:
- Open your WhatsApp app and go to the group for which you want to customize notifications.
- Tap on the top bar that has the name of the group.
- You will be taken to the Group information page.
- Here, you would have to scroll down a little to see the option of ‘Custom Notifications’. It falls right below the option of ‘Mute Notifications.’
- Click on it and then press tick on ‘Use Custom Notifications.’
- This will give you four option of customizing notifications – Notification tone, Vibrate, Popup notification and Light.
- You can go on these options separately to customize them according to your preference.
- You can also enable the option of ‘Use high priority notifications’ in this menu.
As we mentioned earlier, you can follow the same steps to customise notifications for a particular contact too. However, you have to first open the chat of the contact and then follow these steps.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.