Google Maps is one of the most useful apps today. It can be tremendously beneficial for getting directions of locations we have never been to and finding nearby places. However, there is a lot more that you can do with Google Maps. A small but useful feature that Google Maps has is that it can save parking location of your vehicle.
It can often be very frustrating to look where your vehicle is parked if you are a place where hundreds of people may have used the parking space apart from you. If you often find yourself in a difficult position looking for your car after spending the day at a mall or watching movies, we are here to help you. Here’s how you will be able to save your parking location on Google Maps app:
Save the parking location on Google Maps for iPhone
- Once you have parked your car, open Google Maps and tap on the blue dot which represents your current location.
- From the list of options that appear, choose ‘Set your parking location.’
- You can also send the location to your friends via the ‘Share’ button. You will be able to find it in the ‘Saved parking’ bar at the bottom of the app.
To find your parking spot in Google Maps for iOS, go to ‘Saved parking’ bar and choose the option of ‘Directions’. This will show you step-by-step directions back to the spot where your car is parked. You can tap on the ‘Clear’ button to remove the saved location.
Save the parking location on Google Maps for Android
- The process of saving parking location on Google Maps for Android is very similar to how it is done on Android. But then, the Android version has some extra features. Here’s how you have to go about it:
- Park your car, open Google Maps while you are at that location and tap on the blue dot.
- Choose ‘Save your parking’ from the list of options that appear.
- You can send your location to other people using the ‘Share’ option under ‘Parking location’ bar.
Choose the option of ‘Enter notes’ to save additional information like a spot number in the place you have parked your vehicle. You can also tap on the box under ‘Add Photos’ to add an image that will help you remember where your vehicle is parked. These two options will be found in the ‘Parking location’ car at the bottom.
The way to find your parking spot in Maps for Android is identical to the one in iOS.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.