Emojis, GIFs and stickers are definitely one among the factors that make conversations on instant messengers better than what they when the world was dependent on SMSes. Today, we are here to talk about Stickers, which have been available for a while on apps like Snapchat and Telegram, but just recently made their to WhatsApp. Till now, only Beta testers had access to the Sticker Store on WhatsApp, but the feature has now been rolled out to all. If you are someone who wishes to use these Stickers to make your everyday conversations better, here is how you can get started:
Table of Contents
1. Update your WhatsApp Android app to version 2.18 or above.
2. Open WhatsApp and open the chat of the contact whom you wish to send the sticker.
3. Click on Smiley icon on top left of the chat bar and then select then the Sticker icon on the bottom bar. The Sticker icon is the square shaped button that has rounded corners. It will be placed right next to GIF button.
4. Once you click the Sticker icon, you will see that ‘Cuppy’ stocker is already available for you to use.
5. Just click on the sticker to send it on chat.
6. WhatsApp is offering 12 sticker packs for free to its users. You can download them by going to ‘All Stickers’ by pressing the ‘+’ icon. Besides Cuppy, you have the option of using Salty by Alisa Keyzhanovaska, Komo by Sanat Rath, Bibimbap Friends by Pete Ellison, Unchi & Rollie by nu1t, Shiba Inu by Aiko Kuninoi, The Maladroits by Cole Ott, Koko by Hanasake Pictures Inc, Hatch by Hatch, Fearless and Fabulous by Ann Shen, Banan by Jayde Fish and Biscuit by Ghostbot.
7. Tap on the download icon next to the sticker packs you like to use them in chats.
8. If these aren’t enough for you, you can scroll all the way down on ‘All Stickers’ page and select ‘Get More Stickers’.
9. You would be taken to the Play Store where you can download Stickers of various themes like Game of Thrones, Diwali, Meme stickers, Donald Trump, etc.
If you are an Apple user, you can access the Stickers icon by from the right corner of chat box. Rest of the instructions are the same.