As the phones get smarter their shelf life becomes shorter. Why? Newer and better versions packed with intelligent features are available at the click of a button. By 2022 tech giants plan to launch transparent phones, mobiles that wrap around your wrists and cellular devices with cameras that can zoom 50 times optically. These will completely change the game, but till then we have to make do with the current set of phones that are a great, albeit a tad expensive gift. The only downside, the market is flooded with options in every size, colour and make. Here’s our round-up of the top five smartphones that are worth every last rupee.
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro max (Rs 1,09,000 upwards): This is the hot-off-the-press Apple iPhone. Yes, it is the talk of the town and will be available in a plethora of colours. Apple has upped the game and got great new machinery under-the-hood that can put many to shame. Whether it’s the casual night out or an afternoon party you are going to, this smartphone is definitely a conversation starter. Apple iPhone 11 Pro max comes with 6.5-inch Super Retina touch screen, triple 12 MP rear cameras with night mode and Apple’s latest A13 Bionic chipset. In simple terms, this smartphone is built to perform. Available in different storage options, you can pick the one that suits you. In case you prefer a smaller screen, but the same level of power, you can go for iPhone 11 Pro that has a 5.8-inch display.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ (Rs 89,999): If you are looking for an Android smartphone with extreme performance, great looks that will also help you in your business deals, then Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ is the perfect choice. It is the flagship phone by Samsung and comes with a stylus, also known as the S-Pen. The tech giant has built this smartphone to perfection, with a curved edge to edge touchscreen, silver trims and gradient back panels, which has a spectral effect on it. The large display measures 6.8-inches and is combined with latest Exynos 9825 chipset, 12GB of RAM and 512GB of internal storage. A lot of great things can be done with the S-pen as well, besides drawing and marking. Since it is Bluetooth enabled, you can use it as a remote control to operate the various camera and other functions from afar.
- Motorola One Action (Rs 11,999): This is first of its kind smartphone where you can take landscape videos in portrait mode. Yes, you read that right, Moto One Action is built for videographers and YouTubers who want to take action video shots. It comes with 4GB of RAM and 128GB storage where you can store all your large video files. Also, the large 6.3-inch cinema vision touchscreen portrays very good colours and crisp text. The rear has a triple camera setup with 12MP+5MP+16MP sensors. The front has a punch hole selfie camera with a 12MP sensor inside. The whole system is built on Exynos 9609 chipset and has 3,500 mAh battery that lasts almost day.
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Rs 73,900): Looking for a smartphone that can click exceptional selfies, along with a great multimedia experience and a long battery life? Then this is the smartphone you would want to pick up. Slated to get Android 10 OS in the coming months, the Samsung Galaxy S10+ hides an Exynos 9820 octa-core CPU with a clock speed of 2.73 GHz under a striking 6.4-inch super AMOLED display with dual front cameras. 8 gigs of RAM and 128GB storage to begin with will store all your lovely photos on it. If you need more space, you can add a microSD card in it up to 512GB.
- Black Shark 2 (Rs 49,999): This here is a gaming beast. No matter which game you love, this smartphone is set to help you conquer it all. With whopping 12GB of RAM, built on the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 chipset, Black Shark 2 is the perfect gaming smartphone for any type of mobile game. It not only looks good but plays well too. A 4,000 mAh battery gives it power, enabling it to stay alive for longer. This should be your weapon of choice for those evening PUBG parties or when you want to take your Ferrari out in Asphalt 9 Legends game. At the moment you can get it at a discount on e-commerce stores.
- Vivo V17Pro (Rs 29,990): If you want a smartphone that not just takes great pictures from the rear cameras (48MP primary camera), but superb selfies from the front one, then our recommendation is Vivo V17Pro. It blew us away with its amazing camera performance (Both back and front) and video capturing capabilities. It is the first smartphone in India to sport a dual mechanically raising 32MP selfie cameras. Over that, it has a large 4,100 mAh battery, which will last you more than a day. Inside it has 8GB RAM and 128 storage, built on Qualcomm 675AIE Octa-Core CPU. Right now, there is an additional 5% off for HDFC and ICICI card customers that will bring the price down by another Rs 1,500.
- Realme XT (Rs 16,999): Well as we say 64MP ka zamana hai (it’s the season of 64MP camera-driven smartphones), this is one of the best choices our there if you want exceptional pictures in a budget. The Realme XT comes with an array of 4 cameras at the back with the primary one sporting a 64MP sensor. Also, it has Qualcomm Snapdragon 712CPU, VOOC 3.0 flash charging, FHD+ 6.4-inch touchscreen with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 on top of it. At this price, you also get 6GB RAM and 64GB storage inside with the option to expand the memory by up to 256GB using a microSD card.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget, videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.
A part of the story was first published in India Today: Spice magazine by the same author