Twitter has a unique ability to take non-celebs, journalists, influencers, and more into the spotlight every now and then. They provide them with the blue badge, if you are also interested in getting the blue badge then read this further.
Verification is part of social medias’ commitment to support the public conversation by assisting individuals in determining the legitimacy of high-profile accounts.
You can apply to be Twitter verified and receive a blue checkmark badge next to your name. To become verified on Twitter, you simply need to follow a few steps that are listed below.
To be Twitter verified you have to qualify your account, it must be authentic, and active. The six types of accounts Twitter currently verifies.
- Companies, brands, and non-profit organization
- News organizations and journalists
- Sports and esports
- Activists, organizers, and other influential individuals
If your profile comes under any of the above, your account will be eligible to be the next Twitter verified account.
You can read the full set of eligibility criteria in Twitter verification policy.
How can you request for a verified account?
- Click on the […] icon.
- Go to your Settings and privacy
- Go to your Account and scroll over to Account information and tap Verification Request
- Tap Start Request
- Submit your request
The process of verification of accounts had started on May 20, 2021.
- You are required to give verification of your identity. IDs issued by the Government like passport and driving license are just one way Twitter can verify your identity.
- Official website or official email address with a domain relevant to the category you choose with direct references to your Twitter account can also be considered.
Twitter may take up to a few weeks to review your application, the application is reviewed by a human to ensure
You can reapply after 30 days, in case you get rejected.
Know how to download Twitter videos on PC or smartphone.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.