Online casinos have come a long way since their launch. If you can find archive versions of online casinos from the late 1990s and compare them with modern casinos, you’ll see the differences for yourself. And it’s been partly possible thanks to the advancement in casino software development.
In this post, let’s go over the details of what casino software is and how it differs from any other software. We’ll also look at some top casino software providers you can play right now.
The Notion of Casino Software
From a board standpoint, there are two different types of casino software. The online casino software providers and the casino software where the APIs integrate.
Software providers are independent companies that work to develop new games as well as the mechanics used in the games. When you play games at a casino, you’re essentially enjoying the products supplied by software developers.
When we say casino software, this is the type we refer to by default. An often overlooked aspect of online casino software is the casino’s own software. An online casino is nothing but a vessel that carries the games.
If the actual game developer is different from the casino operator, then a simple website design will not work. The casino website must allow API (Application Programming Interface) integration to let the games work with the website.
Also, casino software developers are often different from software providers. SoftSwiss is a great example of a company that specialises in casino software. However, reputed providers like Microgaming, NetEnt, Playtech, etc., also offer turnkey solutions to interested parties.
As the name suggests, a “turnkey” solution is ready-made casino software that anyone can launch without deep technical knowledge. The maintenance of the platform is also taken care of by the turnkey provider. An operator pays a fee to the provider and keeps a share of the profit. Of course, profit will be limited if the operator goes for a turnkey. On the brighter side, casinos don’t have to deal with intricate maintenance.
How to Choose the Best Casino Software?
Online casino software is a crucial aspect of the online gambling industry. Together with the chance to claim $300 free casino chip bonuses, it determines the quality of the gaming experience. Choosing the right casino software is essential for having an enjoyable and safe gambling experience. However, with so many software providers available, it can be challenging to know which one to choose.
Casino games, especially pokies, follow the same general concept, no matter what game you’re playing. The difference is usually in themes and game mechanics. So, when you’re looking for a good software provider, the variety in the game library should be one of your priorities. It’s even better if the same provider is capable of developing slots, table games, and live dealer games.
Broadly speaking, there are 3 major types of gaming software out there:
- Download Software: It only works when you download the API into your device, typically a desktop, to play the games. It takes up space in your device, and it must meet the system requirements to run the games.
- Instant Play Software: It is generally web-based, meaning you can access the games via a web browser. These are often the best in terms of compatibility because you can play the same games from desktop and mobile devices.
- Mobile Software: Mobile software providers mainly focus solely on mobile adoption of the games. The drawback of choosing these providers is that you may not be able to play the games on a desktop platform.
Safety and Licence
Last but not least, you must look into the licence of a software provider. Just like casino operators, software providers are required to obtain licences from appropriate authorities. Without a licence, a software provider is just as illegal as an online casino.
Other Things to Look Out For
When you’re playing games (i.e. blackjack) at an online casino, there are more things to worry about than the software provider. Here is a quick overview.
To play games for real money in Australia, you need to deposit real money. And after playing, you’ll want to withdraw your money, too. That’s why having reputable banking methods is crucial for all Aussie players.
RTP & Payout Percentage
The average of all games’ RTP is the RTP of the online casino. Of course, your goal is to find a high RTP casino. And a high RTP casino will automatically result in a higher payout percentage.
Don’t forget to check what actual players are saying about an online casino. You can read all the reviews you want, but genuine user reviews give you true insights before you start playing.
Last but not least, you need to be careful about the payout speed of a casino software provider, also known as withdrawal time. The faster you can get your hands on them, the better it is.
Top Software Provider for Casino Games
The online casino industry has become increasingly competitive over the years, with many software providers vying for the top spot. However, some companies have established themselves as the go-to providers for high-quality casino games. These titles include the following:
- Playtech: Playtech is currently the largest gaming software company in the world. It focuses more on the business-to-business (B2B) aspect of the gambling business and providers turnkey solutions. Playtech also develops slots that you can play at Australian casinos.
- NetEnt: NetEnt is one of the pioneers in the game development space, operating since 1996. It has over 200 unique games in its portfolio. NetEnt is licensed across more than 20 jurisdictions, including Australia. Starburst and Gonzo’s Quest are 2 all-time classics from NetEnt’s library.
- Microgaming: The software that started it all. Microgaming is credited as the forefather of online gambling. It coined the concept back in 1994, before any other company. Mega Moolah is the world’s largest progressive jackpot network, maintained by none other than Microgaming.
- Play’n Go: Play’n Go is a very well-known provider, and it’s known for its vibrant slots. The themes are extremely enjoyable across all platforms. The Book of Dead is perhaps its most well-known creation.
- Big Time Gaming: This is one of the very few casino game providers located in Australia. Big Time Gaming is a relatively new software primarily known for its unique Megaways mechanic. Megaways is now licensable by other providers.
Casino operating system is a crucial aspect of the online gambling industry, and it plays a significant role in determining the quality of the gaming experience. There are two types of casino software: online casino software providers and the casino software that allows for API integration.
When choosing the right casino software, it is essential to consider variety, compatibility, safety, and licence. Other factors that should be taken into consideration include banking options, RTP and payout percentage, reputation, and payout speed. The top software providers for casino games in Australia include Playtech, NetEnt, Microgaming, Play’n Go, and Big Time Gaming. By carefully considering all of these factors, players can ensure that they have an enjoyable and safe online gambling experience.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App. You can find the latest car and bike news here.
Excellent article! Your post is essential today. Thanks for sharing, by the way.