Almost two decades ago, Google introduced a free web-based email service known as Gmail. Gmail is one of the most popular email platforms in the world. It provides users with a secure and convenient way to send, receive and manage their emails. With rising technological advancements, cybercrimes are on the rise as well. To curb this problem Gmail is encouraging its users to enable Enhanced Safe Browsing.
Table of Contents
What is Enhanced Safe browsing?
Enhanced Safe browsing is an advanced layer of security. It provides users with additional protection while browsing the internet. Enhanced Safe Browsing is an enhanced layer of filtering and scanning that identifies and blocks potentially harmful websites and downloads. Here are some of the features of Enhanced Safe Browsing in Gmail:
- Malware and Phishing protection: Enhanced Safe Browsing in Gmail scans websites and downloads for malicious content which includes malware, viruses and phishing attempts. It then blocks such content and prevents users from downloading it.
- Dangerous website warning: Enhanced Safe Browsing warns users about websites that can be potentially harmful to them.
- Download scanning: Before the completion of downloads, Enhanced Safe Browsing scans the files for any malware. If it detects a threat it will block the download immediately.
- Privacy Protection: Enhanced Safe Browsing in Gmail also adds an additional layer of privacy as well. It blocks tracking cookies, prevents websites from collecting excessive user information and provides options to disable tracking advertisements.
How Enhanced Safe Browsing Works on Gmail?
Enhanced Safe Browsing works in the background and provides faster and proactive protection against dangerous websites, downloads and extensions. Enhanced Safe Browsing provides protection when you are signed in and improves your security on Chrome and Gmail.
How to enable Enhanced Safe Browsing on Gmail?
You can turn on Enhanced Safe Browsing on Gmail when it shows on your screen by flipping on the toggle. If you haven’t got the banner suggestion here is a step-by-step guide:
- Open your Google Account settings
- Choose Security
3. Scroll Down to enhanced safe browsing for your account
4. Click on Manage Enhanced Safe Browsing
5. Flip the toggle to turn on Enhanced Safe Browsing
Gmail is evolving and introducing new features that improve user experience and productivity. It is a widely used email service for both personal and professional purposes. With Enhanced Safe Browsing Gmail has levelled up its security game and is way ahead of its competitors.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App. You can find the latest car and bike news here.