Google trackers are programs that run on your browser to collect data related to your browsing and form entries. This data is saved and sent to Google Analytics to identify your preferences based on your browsing pattern. Since this data is furnished with other companies for targeted advertisements, it may cause privacy concerns to some users.
There are several methods by which you can block Google trackers on Chrome. Here are the most commonly used methods.
Method 1: Disable cookies on Chrome
Cookies are the data generated as long as you use a website. Cookies make your browsing experience faster and intuitive by saving your site preferences, sign-in options, and browsing information. To block cookies on Chrome, follow these steps.
- Launch the Chrome browser on your device.
- Click the three vertical dots locates on the top-right.
- Select the Settings option from the list.
- Select Privacy and security in the left menu.
Select Privacy and security in the left menu.
- Click Cookies and other site data. Here you can choose what kind of cookies you want to block You can choose the desired option from the following.
- Allow all cookies: To permit cookies on all websites to save your site data and preferences.
- Block third-party cookies in Incognito: Block the cookies that are saved by a website other than the one you are using in an Incognito mode.
- Block third-party cookies: Block the cookies that are saved by a website other than the one you are using on Chrome.
- Block all cookies (not recommended): This selection invariable prevents all the cookies from saving your site data. This is generally not recommended as it may make your surfing less efficient.
Method 2: Using the Privacy Badger Chrome extension
Chrome offers several plugins that effectively block trackers as per your preference. Privacy Badger is one of the most preferred extensions that block Google trackers on Chrome. It automatically learns to prevent invisible trackers. Unlike other extensions that merely maintain a list, Privacy Badger blocks trackers based on their behaviour to offer you more privacy. Moreover, the plugin blocks outgoing link click tracking Google as well as Facebook.
To use Privacy Badger, follow these steps.
- Go to the Chrome Web Store. In the search bar, type Privacy Badger and hit Enter.
- Alternatively, you can go to the link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions?_feature=google
- Click the Add to Chrome button to install the plugin.
As soon as the Privacy Badger is installed, it will start blocking Google trackers on all the websites that you visit. The extension provides you with the flexibility to permit trackers on the desired websites.
To allow Google trackers on a particular website, follow these steps.
- Go to the website on which you wish to permit the trackers.
- Click the plugin icon located on the top right.
- Click Privacy Badger extension.
- Click Disable Privacy badger for this site.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.