Apple AirPods are wireless Bluetooth earbuds created by Apple. Although they work best with Apple devices, they can be paired with Android devices and PC as well. This is because the principle for pairing the Airpods with other devices is Bluetooth connection which is a standard method for pairing all wireless devices.
How to connect Apple AirPods to an Android smartphone?
To connect Apple AirPods to an Android smartphone, follow these steps.
- Press and hold the white button given on the backside of the AirPods case until the LED starts glowing white.
- Go to the Bluetooth Settings on your Android smartphone.
- Search for the available Bluetooth connections
- Find Bluetooth connections via Settings. If the Airpods are still flashing white, they will appear in the Bluetooth Settings.
- Tap Pair to allow the connection to be established between your smartphone and Airpods.
- Once your smartphone identifies the Airpods, it will connect with it automatically provided the Bluetooth of your smartphone is enabled.
How to troubleshoot if Airpods don’t get paired with your Android smartphone?
If the smartphone fails to establish a Bluetooth connection with the Airpods, follow these steps.
- Verify that the Airpods are not connected to any other device
- Ensure that the Airpods are charged otherwise they will not get paired with any device.
- In your smartphone, toggle the Bluetooth feature off and on once. You might also feel the need to reboot your smartphone.
- Keep the Airpods within a range of 10 meters from the Android device.
What to do if troubleshoot does not work?
If the troubleshooting methods don’t work out, you may need to reset your Airpods. When you reset your Airpods, they will get disconnected from other devices and iCloud account. Follow these steps.
- Open the case of the AirPods while taking them outside.
- Open the Bluetooth Settings on your smartphone.
- Tap the Settings icon of the AirPods, and tap Forget this device.
- Press and hold the button given at the backside of the AirPods case until it flashes red.
- Don’t release the button until the LED flashes white.
Now you may follow the above steps to pair the Airpods with your Android smartphone.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.