Using the Find My Device website, you can locate your lost Android device. You can also delete the data saved on it so that your privacy, work, and finance do not get compromised.
You must note that there is an uncertainty associated with the method to find your lost Android device. The process will be successful only if the lost Android happens to fulfil the following conditions.
- It must not be switched off.
- The lost must be signed in to a Google Account
- It must be connected to the internet.
- The location must be turned on.
- The Find My Device feature must be turned on.
- The device must be visible on Google Play.
How to remotely find, lock, or erase data on a lost Android device?
To remotely find, lock, or erase a lost Android device, follow these steps.
- Open a web browser and go to the website https://www.google.com/android/find
- Sign in using your Google Account. If you own more than one devices, select the one that is lost. If the lost phone carries multiple user profiles, sign in with the main Googe Account.
- The lost Android device will receive a notification.
- Your web browser will display the location of your lost device on the map. It must be noted that the location showed is approximate. If the location of the lost device can’t be found, the map will display the last known location.
- Click Enable lock & erase choose the following options.
- Play sound: Despite the device being on silent or vibrate mode, this feature will force the lost smartphone to ring at maximum volume for five minutes.
- Secure device:This feature will lock the lost device with your pattern, password, or PIN. You may also add a phone number on the lock screen so that someone may contact you.
- Erase device: This feature permanently erases all data saved on the lost device. However, the data on the micro SD card may not get deleted. Once you delete the data, Find My Device ceases to work on the smartphone.
If you get back your lost device, you will need to sign in using your Google Account password before you can use it.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App