The registration and vaccination process has begun in India for the Covid vaccine. Today we will tell you all about it. Also, how to register for COVID vaccine?
The registration for the second group of COVID-19 vaccination began at 09:00 AM on March 1, 2021. The batch for the COVID-19 vaccination will include people falling under the following criteria:
A) aged 60 or above, and
B) aged 45 to 59 years with any of the comorbidity/comorbidities specified below.
The list of 20 comorbidities is as follows:
- Heart failure with hospital admission in the past year
- Post cardiac transplant/Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD)
- Significant Left ventricular systolic dysfunction (LVEF < 40%)
- Moderate or Severe Valvular Heart Disease
- Congenital heart disease with severe PAH or Idiopathic PAH
- Coronary Artery Disease with past CABG/ PTCA/ MI and Hypertension/ Diabetes on treatment
- Angina and Hypertension/ Diabetes treatment
- CT/MRI documented stroke and Hypertension/Diabetes on treatment
- Pulmonary artery hypertension and Hypertension/ Diabetes on treatment
- Diabetes (>10 years or with complication) and Hypertension on treatment
- Kidney/Liver/Hematopoietic stem cell transplant: Recipient/ On waitlist
- End-stage Kidney Disease on hemodialysis/ CAPD
- Current prolonged use of oral corticosteroids/ immunosuppressant medications
- Decompensated cirrhosis
- Severe respiratory disease with hospitalisations in last two years/ FEVI <50%
- Lymphoma/ Leukaemia/ Myeloma
- Diagnosis of any solid cancer on or after July 1, 2020, or currently on any cancer therapy
- Sickle Cell Disease/ Bone marrow failure/ Aplastic Anemia/ Thalassemia Major
- Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases/ HIV infection
- Persons with disabilities due to Intellectual disabilities/ Muscular Dystrophy/ Acid attack with the involvement of respiratory system/ Persons with disabilities having high support needs/ Multiple disabilities including deafblindness
How to register for COVID vaccine?
If you or someone in your family fall(s) in any of the above criteria, the registration for COVID-19 vaccination can be done on the COWIN portal in the following steps:
1) Go to the COWIN portal (https://www.cowin.gov.in/home). Enter your location and click on the ‘Register Yourself’ button.
2) Enter the phone number through which you want to get verified via OTP. Click the ‘Get OTP button’.
3) Now enter your valid ID proof that can be one of the following: Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Driving License, Passport, or Pension Passbook.
4) Enter your Name, Gender, and Year of Birth.
5) Click on the ‘Register’ button.
6) Once the registration is complete, your account will be created on COWIN.
7) To access your COWIN account, you will need to enter the phone number that you used during the time of registration.
8) Now you can add the beneficiaries from your family by clicking on the ‘Add More’ button. Please note that you can add as many as four beneficiaries with one mobile number, provided the ID Card Number for each beneficiary is different. Until the vaccination, you can edit or delete the records of registration.
9) Choose the ID card type and enter the ID Card number. Also, enter the beneficiary’s Name Year of Birth, and Gender.
10) If the age of the beneficiary is between 45 years to 59 years, you will need to confirm the specific comorbidity he/she is going through.
11) Click the ‘Submit’ button to complete the registration process. A token will be delivered to the beneficiary on his registered phone number as a confirmation.
This would be needed a the time of vaccination. Also, MapMyIndia now officially has nearest vaccination centre locations. This has been developed in partnership with the Govt. of India.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.