Other than AADHAAR card and PAN card, voter ID card is the most important document for every citizen living in India. It is that important that lets you cast your vote during elections and is an identity proof that is issued by the Electoral Commission of India after several verifications. For several years the authority has made several changes to the design of the voter ID card but all these years one thing that has been common is that it has always been in a black-and-white colour scheme with a holographic sticker. But now ECI has begun issuing coloured Voter ID cards along with a revamped design.
Voter ID cards are not only used to exercise your right to vote by producing it at the polling booth during an election. But it is your identity proof, age proof as well as address proof in India for several purposes. Even if one does not have its AADHAAR card or any other ID proof this can be utilised for general purposes. So if you are bored with that black and white card you can now do away with the older ones and can get a new one with a revamped design. The Election Commission of India has made some new changes to it and they will be provided in coloured ones with India’s tricolour flag background as well as your colour picture.
Those who have already applied or are newly registered then you will now receive these coloured cards. But those who already have those old looking cards and wish to get a new coloured one then it can be obtained just by paying an extra fee of Rs 30. So here we are with a step by step guide on how you can download a coloured voter ID card in India.
But before we begin keep all your important documents ready as you will need them during registration. Important things that should be kept in mind is that you must have a valid mobile number and email ID. The background of your photograph should be in light or white in colour.
- Address proof
- Age of proof (10th certificate or birth certificate)
- Scanned photographs with specified dimensions as per your State’s website
How to apply for a new coloured Voter ID card:
- If your you have just attained the age of 18 years then you are now eligible exercise your voting rights in India and if you have not yet applied for one then your can simply get yourself registered by visiting NSVP website
- Click on “Apply online for register of a new voter”
- Fill in all your personal details in the given form and keep following what is promoted
- When you are finished submitting the application form you will be able to track the status of your Voter ID. When your name gets listed on the fresh electoral roll you will then receive your coloured or your tool to exercise your voting rights in India within 45-60 days.
How to apply for new Coloured card:
- Without any charges, the authority will be mailing you a black and white voter ID card but our purpose here is to help you get a coloured one. Then all you need to do is visit your state’s official Chief Electoral Officer website.
- Now click on the link for registration to get a new colour PVC Voter ID
- Again enter all of your required details and submit.
- Now verify these details using the verification code that you will receive on your mobile number
- Within 45-60 days, the new Voter ID will finally be mailed to your registered address.
- It should be noted that you can also apply for the new cards offline by visiting MEE Seva or Eseva offices and paying a fee of Rs 30.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.