Last month Indian Government imposed a 21 days countrywide lockdown in order to contain the spread of novel coronavirus, which was to end on April 14. As the number of infected cases was growing in the country the government extended the lockdown by another 19 days and will now go on till May 3. This has eventually affected all the commercial and private services that are also temporarily closed in order to maintain social distancing. Only people related to essential services such as grocery, medical shops, print and electronic media, telecommunication services are allowed to remain open. So the people dealing in these services are eligible to apply for an e-pass or the curfew pass by Delhi Government via dedicated website epass.jantasamvad.org. However, the website has now gone down due to some reasons.
The Delhi Curfew e-Pass website has suffered downtime. When visiting the website the people are greeted with a blank screen. This happens to be due to viral traffic or might be under maintenance. But with the help of troubleshooting the site was again accessible. If you are also experiencing the same issue try to force a full refresh for the site by pressing CTRL + F5 keys at the same time on any browser whether it is Firefox, Chrome, Explorer, etc.
Any person related to the essential services can apply for the e-pass for free movement in Delhi for the above services. Also, those having medical emergencies can also get an e-pass to visit the doctor or a hospital. Besides this individual and vehicles involved in the services can get issued an e pass during the lockdown. They can apply it on the aforementioned website. While applying, remember to keep all the necessary documents ready which are required to be attached with the online application form. You are ineligible if you do not have any valid documents. The organisation will only issue an e-pass for travelling across the state only if you submit verified and genuine documents. At the time of application you need to attach Voter Id, Aadhaar Card, any other government-issued ID, office ID as well as documents related to vehicles.
How to apply?
- Visit the Official website https://delhi.gov.in/ or epass.jantasamvad.org
- Click on the application link or Click Here to Apply for ePass tab
- Choose a language as per your preference Hindi or English
- Now choose a purpose for an e-pass from the dropdown list and hit the submit button
- Fill in the application form, attach all the required documents and then proceed to submit the application form
- After the application is submitted you will receive a 7-character ePass Id which you can use to keep a check on the application status. When the application status is shown accepted you will receive your e-pass via online mode.
In case the website is still not accessible don’t get depressed the Delhi Government also provides e-pass via Whatsapp instead of availing it through online mode. We are providing you with the WhatsApp numbers the government has provided for each zone of the national capital. Check out the list below:
- East District- 8447200084, 8375878007
- North East District- 9540895489, 8860425666
- Central District- 7428336279, 742821.711
- North District- 8595298706, 8595354861
- New Delhi District- 9540675392, 9873743727
- Shahdara District- 8595272697, 8595274068
- South-East District- 8595246396, 8595258871
- West District- 9414320064, 8595252581
- South District- 9599649266, 9643150027
- South West District- 9971518387, 9971526953
- North West District- 8585559117, 8595543375
Apart from online mode and Whatsapp you can also get an e-pass via email. All are just required to mention the purpose of e-pass and your particulars at [email protected]. If they accept your application you will receive a pass on your email id.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.