LINE is, arguably, one of the most practical communication applications we have today. It is easy to use and is available on both major smartphone operating systems, Android and iOS. Since LINE helps manage our personal and work life like a pro, it is crucial for one to know how to transfer LINE chat history to a new phone, especially when you are switching from Android to iPhone. Indeed, it is quite challenging as more and more people try finding the solution on the internet. In this post, we will share the one-stop solution for all your LINE transfer needs — Tenorshare iCareFone for LINE. So, let’s cut to the chase and discuss how Tenorshare helps transfer LINE chat history from Android to iPhone, shall we?
Table of Contents
Can I transfer LINE from Android to iPhone directly?
iOS is a complicated smartphone operating system that comes with several limitations. This makes it difficult for applications like LINE to move over from Android to iOS. Indeed, we can transfer LINE from Android to iOS. But, doing it directly is quite impossible given that both operating systems work differently. The other reason is that the iPhone keeps its users from downloading random files. Most importantly, the application itself comes with a limitation — LINE is only compatible for Android to Android or iPhone to iPhone transfer. This is why you need a third-party tool that can help transfer LINE from Android to iOS. Let’s find out more about this third-party tool called Tenorshare iCareFone for LINE.
Transfer LINE chats from Android to iPhone via iCareFone for LINE
But before we start sharing the steps and procedure to use Tenorshare iCareFone for LINE, you should get acquainted with the application. The application makes it possible for users to transfer LINE from Android to iOS. Not just that, it supports transfers from Android to Android, iPhone to Android, and iPhone to iPhone too! Here are the key features of Tenorshare iCareFone for LINE:
● Transfer LINE between Android and iPhone
Tenorshare iCareFone for LINE does an excellent job of transferring LINE messages across iOS and Android devices without any hassle. The most important thing to note here is that, unlike other third-party applications, Tenorshare iCareFone for LINE delivers a high success rate — ensuring zero data loss during the transfer.
● Back up and restore LINE chat history on iPhone
Adding to the last feature, Tenorshare iCareFone for LINE allows iPhone users to backup and restore their LINE data, especially their chat history. The best thing here is that the app enables easy backup and restoration on your computer — all this for free!
● Preview and selectively export LINE backup to the computer
Indeed, you want to ensure the backup of your LINE data before switching to the iPhone. But, you might not require all the data on your phone. In this case, you can use the Tenorshare iCareFone for LINE software and select the files that you wish to export to your computer.
Now that we are well acquainted with how Tenorshare iCareFone for LINE helps users to transfer LINE data from Android to iPhone, it’s time we discuss the complete procedure to make the transfer. Let’s get started!
Steps to Transfer LINE from Android to iPhone
Here are the quick steps to move or transfer LINE from Android to iPhone. Follow them as mentioned below:
- Download and install iCareFone for LINE on your computer. Once installed, connect your iPhone or Android device with USB debugging switched on.
- Make sure you backup your LINE data to Google Drive. Once backed up, click the ‘Already Backed Up’ option and move forward.
- Scan the QR code on the screen with your smartphone. Once verified, you will be asked to enter the Google Drive account’s credentials. Click on ‘Sign In’ and the application will download the LINE backup.
- Upon successful backup download, the iCareFone for LINE application will find the backup file and convert it into a file that can be easily restored to an iPhone.
5. Now unlock your iPhone and use it to sign in to your LINE account. Remember, you need to ensure that you use the same number used on your Android device.
6. Voila! Tenorshare iCareFone for LINE will transfer all the data to your iPhone device in just a few minutes. Make sure you check if the data is successfully transferred to your iPhone before plugging the USB out.
Move LINE chat history from Android to iPhone via email or Google Drive
Maybe you don’t want to use a third-party tool to transfer LINE data from Android to iPhone. In this case, you can use the following two methods and ensure a successful LINE data transfer.
Copy Line chat history from Android to iPhone with email
- Open LINE and the conversation you wish to transfer.
- Now click ‘V’ and hit ‘Settings.’ Find and click ‘Export Chat History’.’
- Enter your email address to share the chat history over your email account.
- Install the LINE app on your iOS device and use your email to sign in.
- Now look for the messages you want to restore. Voila!
Migrate LINE chat history from Android to iPhone with Google Drive
- Use the Android device to open LINE.
- Search for the ‘Friends’ option and hit ‘Settings.’
- Now, look for the ‘Chats’ option.
- In ‘Chats,’ you can search for the ‘Backup and Restore Chat History’ option.
- Find the ‘Backup to Google Drive’ option to make a backup.
- Now connect your Android device to your computer to copy the LINE data.
- Use your iPhone to launch LINE and backup the data from Google Drive.
Like the email method, the LINE chats you access from Google Drive can’t be restored to your LINE app on iPhone. Therefore, When you want to check LINE chats, you need to open the Google Drive app and check the LINE chats from there.
There you have it. We have shared all the successful ways of transferring LINE data from Android to iOS. Although we have shared the alternate ways of making the transfer happen, we highly recommend you use Tenorshare iCareFone for LINE to make the process simple and easier. So, what are you waiting for? Download the iCareFone for LINE software and ensure a successful LINE transfer to your new phone.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App. You can find the latest car and bike news here.