An Echo device like Amazon Alexa has become quite popular among households. It lets you control smart devices through a home automation system. Moreover, it can interact with you and do several other tasks including music playback, providing weather information, and setting alarms, and making to-do lists.
Who needs to use the Echo with two Amazon accounts and why?
Amazon Household is quite useful for families using an Echo device. It allows you to share digital content including video games and ebooks. You can also use the other person’s account to make online purchases when especially when that person has a Prime account.
What are the limitations of the Amazon Household account?
Although Amazon Household enables you to share Amazon benefits with another person say adult, teens, and children, it comes with certain limitation. These are as follows
1) You can add only one other adult to your household account.
2) Amazon provides you to add up to four teenagers of age 13 to 17.
3) You can add up to four children of age 12 or under using the Amazon Kids Plus plan.
How to add someone to your Amazon Household?
1) Go to the Amazon website and open the Amazon Household page.
2) Choose the appropriate option among the following: ‘Add Adult’, ‘Add a Teen’, or ‘Add a Child. For the sake of example, we’ll choose the ‘Add Adult’ option.
3) Enter the name and email address of the adult person you want to add. For sharing the account, the person will be asked through an email to join your Amazon Household.
4) Once you’ve added the person to the Amazon Household, you can easily switch accounts by saying “Alexa, switch accounts”.
If you want to know which account you’re using, just say, “Alexa, identify account”.
How to delete the second account?
It may be the case that the other person is no longer a part of the household. Removing a person from the Amazon Household is quite easy. Follow these steps.
1) Go to the Amazon website and open the “Manage your Household” page.
2) You’ll find the icons representing you and the other member located on the left side. You may choose two options.
3) Either select ‘Leave’ if you yourself wish to leave the household or ‘Remove’ to remove the other person from the Amazon Household.
It must be noted that when an adult leaves or is removed from the Amazon Household, the same person can’t join for the next 180 days. However, if you accidentally deleted the other person’s account, you can contact Amazon Customer Support without facing the 180 days restriction. This method also works when you merely want to shift a member to a different Amazon Household without facing 180 days ban.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.