Technology giant Amazon has added the ability for users to publish their skills that they have created using Alexa Skill Blueprints to the India Alexa Skills Store. Starting today, users will able to do add their skills to India Alexa Skills Store. The company people would be able to create their own personal Alexa skill within minutes using Skill Blueprints, which will provide them with over 30 templates. There will be a number of categories to choose from including Fun & Games, Learning and Knowledge, At Home and Storyteller to create custom games, unique stories, or household lists.
Speaking about this, Dilip RS, Country Manager for Alexa Skills, Amazon India said, “With today’s announcement, we are excited to launch four new Skill Blueprints built specifically for content creators, bloggers, and organizations, so they can reach anyone with an Alexa-enabled device – with no coding required. Being able to publish a blueprint skill allows customers and content creators to share their passions, creativity, and interests with anyone even though they may not have a technical background.”
The company has added four new Skill Blueprints that are aimed at content creators, bloggers, and organizations. These include:
- Content creators will be able to use Flash Briefing blueprint to publish their latest updates and share them on the Alexa Skills Store. Then, customers will be able to add this content into their Flash Briefing.
- Bloggers who use WordPress will be able to deliver their posts as audio using Alexa with the Blog blueprint.
- Universities and religious organizations will be able to use the new University and Spiritual Talks blueprints to make their live and recorded audio content accessible on devices that have Alexa.
In addition to this, anyone can use the existing blueprints to publish skills for a variety of customizable scenarios. The examples of this are:
- Budding authors can share their short stories or poems with the Storytelling blueprints such as Fable or Fairy Tale.
- Tutors can use the Trivia blueprint to help students use Alexa. This will enable them to teach using the system.
- History lovers can use the Quiz blueprints to create a fun and interesting quizzes for their community.
Besides this, customers can also create a personal skill for their household, share its with their friends and family and publish their blueprint skill to the Alexa Skills Store. It is worth noticing that personal skills that are limited to a customer’s local device and do not go through a certification process since they aren’t published to the Alexa Skills Store.