Fujifilm India Private Limited has announced the launch of its latest FujiFilm GFX100 mirrorless digital camera in India. The newly launched camera features an image sensor with 102 million pixels resolution along with a back-illuminated sensor that comes with phase detection pixels, in-body image stabilization (IBIS) mechanism, and 4K/30P video recording capability.
It also accommodates two GFX Series batteries (NP-T125) and can be charged via USB connection. The camera has support for IEEE802.11ac 5GHz, that enables faster wireless image transfer.
FujiFilm GFX100 camera will be available at a price of Rs 7,86,999.
Commenting on the occasion, MrHaruto Iwata, Managing Director, Fujifilm India Pvt Ltd said, “This is indeed a gratifying moment for us and we are excited to announce the launch of the world’s highest 102 million pixels mirrorless camera – GFX100 in India. At Fujifilm India, our endeavour has always been to bind innovation together with service that enhances customer delight. With the launch of GFX100, we have achieved a great milestone in our digital camera business. I am optimistic that the launch will further enhance our presence in India and we will continue introducing cameras that deliver an unparalleled standard of optical brilliance that is sure to delight a photographer’s fantasy.
Main features of Fujifilm GFX100 mirrorless digital camera:
- The new Fujifilm camera comes with a large image sensor with 102 million pixels resolution. It has the latest fourth-generation “X-Processor 4” high-speed image processing engine, ultra-sharp FUJINON GF lenses.
- The GFX100 camera comes with a highly accurate AF that has the ability to track a moving subject at a speed that is twice compared to other current models. In addition to this, the GFX100 is available with the latest phase-detection AF algorithm, and that is already popular with FUJIFILM X-T3 and FUJIFILM X-T30 in the X Series of Fujifilm’s mirrorless digital cameras.
- It comes fitted with a five-axis IBIS mechanism that is helpful in image stabilization of up to 5.5 stops.
- The device comes with the support of 4K/30P video recording.
- Fujifilm GFX100 mirrorless camera body is compact and lightweight. It measures 48.9mm at the thinnest part. It comes with an inbuilt vertical grip that makes it stable and comfortable to use.
- The camera features a 2.05-inch sub monitor on the rear panel in addition to the main 3.2-inch LCD monitor that can be twisted into three directions.
- The camera is equipped with an electronic viewfinder (EVF) with more than 5.76M million dots for accurate focusing and has a magnification of 0.86x and 100% viewfinder coverage. The electronic viewfinder can be set to three different modes – “Frame Rate Priority,” “Resolution Priority” or “AF Speed Priority”.
- The GFX100 now allows the users to save the images in “16bit RAW” and “16bit TIFF.
- The camera comes with a feature of Smooth Skin Effect function that automatically smoothens the skin tone.
Along with the launch of the Fujifilm GFX100 mirrorless camera, the company’s Optical Devices Division also unveiled the new “Premista” series of cinema zoom lenses. The Premista series supports large format sensors that bring high resolutions, beautiful bokeh and rich gradation with High Dynamic Range. The Premista 28-100mm T2.9 will be available in August 2019 and it will cost USD 38,800(Rs 26,58,537) and the Premista 80-250mm T2.9-3.5 will be available later this year at a price of USD 39,800(Rs 27,27,056).