There are many benefits of authorising your computer on iTunes. On authorising your Mac or PC, you basically enable your device to access apps, music, movies, audiobooks and other content. And it is very simple to authorise your device on iTunes. It is worth noticing that if you want to authorise a computer in iTunes, it can only be done via iTunes on that particular computer only. You can’t use iTunes on any other device for it. Read our step-by-step guide to authorise your computer on iTunes:
- Open iTunes and sign in with your Apple ID
- There will be several menu bars out of which you need to select ‘Account’
- Once you go to ‘Account’ there will be a list of options appearing. Select the option of ‘Authorisations’ in the dropdown menu.
- This will further open up more options. Among them, you need to choose ‘Authorise This Computer’.
For both Windows and Mac users, the process is the same, however, if you are a Windows user and you don’t see the menu bar appearing, press Ctrl+B on your keyboards.
You can authorise up to 5 computers, which means that you will be able to access your content in five different computers. It is also necessary that one checks the number of authorisations so here are the steps for you to follow how to do it:
- Just like earlier open iTunes and sign in with your Apple ID.
- If you are a Mac user, go to the Menu Bar and select ‘Account’ and choose the ‘View My Account’ option. The steps are the same for Windows users too, but in case they don’t see the menu bar, they can press Ctrl+B on their device’s keyboard.
- Now enter your password and then press Return or Enter key on your keyboard. You may alternatively have to click ‘View Account’.
- In the Apple ID summary sections, you can find the number of accounts you have logged in with or the number of computers which are authorised. It is worth noticing that this section will only appear once you authorise two or more computers.
- In case you see more number of computers than you expected, then you can deauthorise all computers and reauthorise the ones you are still using.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel.