Instagram is one of the best image sharing platforms out there and it has become one of the biggest social networks after being acquired by Facebook. When signing up, the user gets to choose his username which will be how the other users see his/her posts. But since there are millions of profiles on the platform, it can be tough to choose a sensible username on the first go. If you are among the ones who went with the suggested username and then later want to change it to your liking then there is a way to do that. As Instagram gives the users the option to change their username.
Read on to find out how you can change your user name on Instagram:
Table of Contents
How to change your username through the Instagram app on your smartphone:
- First you need to enter the Instagram application and then go to your profile tab by clicking on the lower right side of the access bar.
- Then you need to click on the Edit Profile button which will be placed right under the account follower and the following info.
- Then you need to find the Username section and tap on it to Edit it. There you can change and choose your username according to your liking.
- Once you are done with your username, click on Save button on the upper right corner of the app. Your username will then be changed.
How to change your username on Instagram using the browser on PC:
- When using the PC version of Instagram, you can change your username by going to your profile.
- Then you need to go to the Edit Profile section which will be located next to your current username.
- Then you need to enter the new username under the Username section which can be edited by clicking on it. But keep in mind that the username you are looking for might not be available so you would need to try a few variations of it.
- Once you have found a new username and once it has been accepted, you can scroll down to the bottom of the page and then click on Send.
- After it is done, your changes will be saved. But it should be noted that after your username has been changed you can not go back to your old username as it might be taken by the other users.