IRCTC or Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation is meant for you to book train tickets online so that you don’t have to go through the pain of travelling all the way to the railway station and buying it. In order to avail this facility, you need to have an IRCTC account. Through this account you will be able to book your train tickets whenever you like, to any destination you want to go to. But if making an account is an impediment then you cannot reap the convenience of this online ticket booking platform.
But, it is actually very simple to make an IRCTC account. It is no rocket science and can be learnt easily as the process is very simple and quick. In this article we will guide you as to how to make an IRCTC account. Here are the steps for your assistance:
- Visit the official IRCTC website.
- On the home page of the website, find and click on sign up. This will take you to the page where you can start your registration for your IRCTC account.
- There will a step by step process of completing your registration by providing all the necessary information. You will find a form, which you are supposed to fill once you begin your registration. Fill in all the required details in the formation that is asked there.
- Once you have filled in all the information, click on Submit, and then OK.
- Next, you will be taken to the terms and conditions page. Below which you will find an accept and a decline button. Press on accept.
- In the end, you will need to activate your account by verifying it. Once you accept the terms and conditions, you will be given a code via mail or SMS, the information of which you had given in the form at the beginning of the registration. Write the verification code and your account will be made
Once this is done, you will receive a confidential mail giving you a user ID and password. You can change your password to what you want to.