Before we begin, there are two kinds of account deletions in Facebook, you can either temporarily or permanently delete your account. When your account is temporarily deleted then, people won’t be able to find your name in the suggestions which appears in the Facebook search bar. Also, they won’t be gaining access to any of your data belonging to your account.
However, they would be able to find you on messenger and if they search by your name there, it will appear in the suggestions along with your profile picture. Whereas, in permanent account deletion, you won’t be visible in messenger either. For deleting your account temporarily or permanently, there are two separate methods.
First let us talk about the temporary account deletion method:
- Go to the dropdown menu at the top right-hand corner of Facebook, after logging in with your username and password.
- Out of the options which appear, select Settings
- In the left-hand corner there will be a button and written on it would be ‘General’
- Click on ‘Manage your account’
- Now click on ‘Deactivate your account’
Your account would be temporarily deactivated and the aforementioned thing would be applicable. You would be able to reactivate your account just by logging in with your username and password. Other apps through which you have made an account with your Facebook’s username and password would still be active.
Now we come to the process of permanent Facebook account deletion. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Click on the dropdown menu on the right-hand side of your Facebook page
- Go to settings
- Click on ‘Your Facebook Information’
- Click on ‘Delete Your Account and Information’
- Now click on ‘Delete My Account’ and then press ‘Continue’
- Now click on ‘Delete Account’ and your work is done
Once your account is permanently deleted you won’t be able to gain access to the apps where you have made your account using your Facebook details. In case you want to reactivate it, then login with your Facebook details within 30 days of completing the above process. Then click on Cancel Deletion. Note, that this would only work within 30 days of permanently deleting your account, after which all your data would be lost. Facebook takes approximately 90 days to delete all your information.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel.