Twitter is one of the most widely used social media networking sites. Politicians, film celebrities and other important people articulate information on this platform every now and then. A lot of important news, links and posts are shared on Twitter everyday. It is no doubt an important portal if you want to consume news headlines on a daily basis. However, that can never toss away your need to deactivate or delete your account if need be. If you are fed up of Twitter and want to deactivate or delete your account then follow the steps below.
Here are the steps given for your assistance:
- Login to your twitter account with your username and password.
- Click on your profile picture. Once you click on it, it will automatically appear on your screen.
- Here you will find a dropdown menu. Click on that. The last option among the list which appears from there will be ‘settings and privacy’. Click on that.
- Scroll down to the bottom until you find the ‘Deactivate my account’ button. Make sure you carefully check each and every option while scrolling. You might not find the button because it is low in the order.
- After going to ‘Deactivate my account’ enter your username in the bar which appears.
- Press on Enter to continue. Then you are supposed to type in your password.
- Once you typed in, re-enter your password.
- Here on the ‘Deactivate account’ button will be activated. Press that and your account will be deactivated
Remember Twitter will keep your data till 30 days after deactivation. In case you want to come back to it, you can reactivate in just 30 days from the time you pressed the deactivate button. Also when you deactivate your account, it will not show on any search results within twitter or on search engines.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel.