Amazon is the biggest and the most popular e-commerce website across the world and in the past, we came across reports with regard to customer data collection. This is how the online portal is becoming successful as the more data it collects from its customers it effectively becomes data-rich giving you tons of options. Using state-of-the-art technology this allows them to bridge the gap between marketing and advertising to sell their own products more efficiently. In fact, in the year 2016, it surpassed Google as the search engine specifically for shopping. So it knows the user’s search, online purchases and more. And this is all possible because of your personal profile on the portal that includes all your information such as social links including your Alexa voice commands, and more which is why these are important for you to make them private. And today we are here to help you protect your information by making your Amazon profile private and delete Alexa voice commands from the company’s server:
How to make your Amazon profile private?
- Visit Amazon.in and go to your Account.
- Now go to your profile which will be shown under the Online and Shopping preferences.
- Then hit Edit your public profile.
- This section of your account contains all your important information such as bio, occupation, social links that are left publicly open on Amazon. So, we recommend you to get rid of all this information for your privacy.
- This can be done by heading over to Edit privacy settings> click Hide all activity on your public profile > hit Save.
- After doing this, come back to your public profile and check what others can see on your public profile when someone visits by clicking See what others see.
How to make your shopping wish list private (yes this is also visible to others)
Sometimes the item you are searching for is either out of stock or you don’t need it right away. So for your own convenience, you save them in your Wishlist for future references or more. But your Wishlist is not private as has already been made public, so you should make this private too and we will guide you how.
- Go to your account and open Shopping List or your Wish List.
- Hit More and then click on the Manage List.
- A drop down will appear and, in the Privacy, option make sure you Wishlist is private.
- If not then change it to Private and save the changes.
How to hide your browsing history?
Your surfing list contains what items you have searched in the online portal which is also not private. So, the first thing to do is to turn this off. How? we tell you.
- Go to Amazon.in and in the Accounts and Lists you will find Your Recommendations option.
- On the top bar click on Your Browsing History.
- Now open Manage history> click Remove all items from view. Similarly, you can also disable it through Turn Browsing History.
- Collecting your browsing history helps Amazon to target ads so you need to disable this also by heading to your Account.
- Under Email alerts, messages and ads, click Advertising preferences.
- Now click on Do Not Personalize Ads from Amazon for this Internet Browser and you are done.
How to delete your Alexa recordings?
In the past, we came across so many investigations on Amazon saving you Alexa voice commands which is a major privacy concern. Earlier there was no option to delete your recordings but after much criticism, the company brought the option to delete your previous recording. Follow the steps.
- Open the Alexa app on your Android or iOS devices.
- Sign in to your account which is linked to the Amazon Echo devices.
- Now hit Moreand move to Settings.
- Choose Alexa Privacy and tap Manage Your Alexa Data.
- Then scroll down and restrict the Use of Voice Recordings and Use Messages to Improve Transcriptions under Help improve Alexa.
- Now again go back and delete your existing voice recording by tapping on Review Voice History.
- Set the date range to All History and tap Delete All Recordings for All History.
- There is also an option to Enable deletion by voice simply with your Voice command.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.