Recently Whatsapp received a new update that brought the feature to set up custom wallpapers for different chats. Until now the social media app only allowed users to set up common custom wallpaper for chats. If you are unaware of this feature and wants to avoid the instances of sending messages to the wrong chat then we are here with a step by step guide on how to set custom wallpaper on WhatsApp for chats on Android and iPhone
After being under testing for a really long time WhatsApp now offers the feature to set up custom chat wallpaper to the general public. After the introduction of a new update, the users can now use a custom wallpaper for their preferred chats and favourite contacts. This set up helps to change the overall look of the regular Whatsapp wallpaper.
How to set up custom wallpaper on WhatsApp for chats on Android
- First thing first, open WhatsApp on your Android device
- Now tap on a chat and then click on the three dots icon and then hit on Wallpaper
- Now choose the wallpaper of your choice and then swipe left or right to preview
- Set Wallpaper and adjust wallpaper dimming
How to Set up custom wallpaper on WhatsApp for chats on iPhone
- Open a WhatsApp chat and tap on the contact’s name
- Now tap on the Wallpaper and Sound option
- Then choose a new wallpaper of your preference
- The next screen will allow you to check out the latest stock wallpapers by WhatsApp
- The choose any to set them as chat backgrounds
- Apart from that one can also access their old wallpapers on WhatsApp by tapping Wallpaper Archive. This can be found at the bottom.
- If you did not like the collection then in this case you can choose from a custom photo from your device’s gallery or else can set solid background colours
- You can also swipe left or right to preview wallpaper. One sure hit on the Set option and adjust the Wallpaper Dimming and you are done.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.