In the current COVID-19 crisis, WhatsApp is turning into a store counter to discuss products and coordinate sales. With more and more shopping happening through chats, WhatsApp has introduced carts to make buying and selling even easier.
According to an official blog post, “Carts are great when messaging businesses that typically sell multiple items at once, like a local restaurant or clothing store. With carts, people can browse a catalog, select multiple products and send the order as one message to the business. This will make it simpler for businesses to keep track of order inquiries, manage requests from customers and close sales.”
WhatsApp further asserted that using carts is easy. All one needs to do is simply find the items you want and tap “add to cart.” The Mark Zuckerberg-owned app added that once a user’s cart is complete, they can then send it as a message to the business.
In order to add products to cart, follow the simple steps:
- Open WhatsApp
- Go to your chat or business profile of the business you’d like to order from
- Tap on the shopping button icon listed next to their name to access their catalog
- Once the catalog opens, browse through the products you’d like to order
- Tap on the product you like
- Tap ADD TO CART on product if you’d like to order
- Alternatively, you can also tap MESSAGE BUSINESS if you’d like to ask a specific question about the product
Besides this, one can also edit the cart. For this:
- Tap VIEW CART to see all the products added to your cart.
- Tap ADD MORE if you wish to navigate back to the catalog to continue adding more products.
- You can also edit quantity for each product added to your cart.
WhatApp has also revealed that to placing an order, the user can send it to the seller as a WhatsApp message once they have successfully updated the cart. Once sent, the user will be able to see the details of their order by tapping on the VIEW CART button in the chat window with the seller. Moreover, WhatsApp also notified, “If you’d like to enquire about multiple items listed in a seller’s catalog, you can add all of them to your cart and send your enquiry in a single message. An order isn’t final until confirmed by the seller.”
Mind you! Carts are going live around the world today. So have a wonderful shopping experience on WhatsApp!
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.