A 35-year-old lady and her seven-year-old daughter were discovered dead in the toilet of their home. Both the mother-daughter died in a terrible accident owing to carbon monoxide poisoning produced by emissions from a bathroom-fitted gas geyser. The incident took place in Ganapathi Nagar, in Chikkabanavara, North Bengaluru. If you have a gas geyser in your bathroom, you need to be cautious since it might be dangerous. So, today, we’ll shed some light on the precautions you should take before purchasing a gas geyser. We’ll talk about safety precautions later, but first, let’s look at the facts around the incident.
Mangla, the woman, was 35 years old, and Gowtami N, her daughter, was a class one student, according to the police. Suffocation from carbon monoxide leaks from the geyser killed both of them. Mangla’s husband contacted the landlord to check on her at about 4 p.m. since she hadn’t returned his calls since the afternoon.
The interior of the door was discovered to be locked. Since no one opened the door, the landlord managed to get in via a window. He alerted the lady’s husband and the police right away. Both the mother and daughter were found dead inside the house when the police smashed through the door.
Gas Geyser Safety Measures
In the winter, many of us spend a lot of time in our bathrooms, taking hot showers. Most of you have gas geysers in your bathroom, and if safety precautions are not followed, you might have dizziness, seizures, unconsciousness, blackouts, coma, or cardiac arrest as a consequence of CO2 poisoning. Worse, you could die as a result of emissions.
Gas geysers, unlike electric geysers, use Liquified Petroleum Gas (LPG) which is among the reasons why they are favoured over electric geysers, particularly in big households. It heats water by using a gas burner beneath a tank. The pressure in the gas geyser builds up while heating, and the pressure valve steps in to relieve it.
If you haven’t already done so, we recommend installing it outside the bathrooms to provide enough ventilation. If this isn’t feasible, make sure the bathroom exhaust fans are working. So every time you use the restroom, turn on the exhaust fan.
Check the geyser on a regular basis. Also, avoid storing chemical or flammable materials or sprays near the appliance. Lastly, maintain a break between each usage of the geyser by not running it continually.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App. You can find the latest car and bike news here.