According to the latest report, changing the name of your YouTube channel has become hassle-free. The old way of changing your channel name was very time consuming but now the users can change it very easily, which is an appreciated move as it was a highly demanded feature by creators on the video streaming platform.
In accordance with the report by The Verge, YouTube will now allow the YouTube creators to change their channel’s name and profile picture without impacting the entire Google Account. This feature has now been rolled out to all the users and is applicable to both personal as well as brand accounts.
Earlier, YouTubers were required to update their name and icon for their entire Google account with the purpose that their name on YouTube would match as the one on their Gmail account. With the new change, users will be able to now send an email with their actual name instead of the channel’s name, which means they are not required to change their Gmail account’s name.
On the flip side, the verified accounts will lose their verification badge that is the checkmark if they change their name. In spite of everything, YouTube creators will be able to again apply for the verification in order to receive the badge. As we said before the new YouTube name changing feature will be accessible to both personal and brand accounts. According to Google, this functionality is a “top request from creators” and it has also begun rolling out to all the users.
Here is how to change your YouTube channel name and profile picture on mobile and desktop?
- First things first, sign in to YouTube Studio
- Then head to the Customisation option given in the Basic Info from the sidebar on the left side of the screen
- Click Edit and then change your channel name with the new one and click publish
- Similarly to change the profile picture from the Customization option go to the Branding
- Then Click upload and select the image from your computer
- Now adjust the size of the image click the Done option and then Publish
In the case of the mobile app follow the steps mentioned below
- Open the YouTube app on your device
- Tap on your profile picture and then on Your Channel
- Select the Edit Channel option to change your name
- Enter a new name and update it by tapping OK
- And to update your new profile picture tap on your picture and select from the Gallery to the new one and Save.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.