Tech Giant Sony has announced India Hero Project. The brand-new project that Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) has undertaken to identify and support emerging game developers in India. This is said to boost the Indian game development community.
“We believe in the enormous potential of Indian game developers and the amazing experiences they can provide our players worldwide. India’s rich culture, creativity and global perspective hold promise for unique games. We are delighted to foster local developers in India Hero Project,” said Hector Fernandez, Head of Global Third-Party Business Development & Strategic Initiatives for Sony Interactive Entertainment. “PlayStation is committed to utilizing our global capabilities and sharing our game development ethos to amplify new and diverse talents emerging from the region.”
According to the company, the India Hero Project will strengthen Sony Interactive Entertainment’s dedication to elevating the creative voices of independent developers across the globe and delivering compelling new content to PlayStation consumers. There SIE will be supporting with a passion for building high-quality games for PlayStation®5 (PS5), PlayStation VR2 and PC through strategic opportunities, including mentorship from industry leaders in the areas of technical art, design, production, and general insights into the business of making games.
An open submission process has already begun and candidates ranging from one-person companies to larger studio entities are invited to register interest. To apply, companies must be India-based game developers able to register as PlayStation Registered Developers.
“For 20 years, PlayStation has been bringing compelling entertainment experiences to the Indian gaming community. It has been exciting to see the evolution of the market over this time, and we are more excited than ever before for what’s to come,” said Radhika Thakur, Corporate Strategy & Development at Sony Interactive Entertainment. “We feel there is a strong opportunity to grow the market further. Through the India Hero Project, PlayStation will be proudly supporting Indian talent in bringing new, high-quality games to the global gaming community.”
Benefits of India Hero Project:
- Mentorship from Sony Interactive Entertainment
- Access to Sony Interactive Entertainment’s internal resources
- Recoupable development funding from Sony Interactive Entertainment
- Opportunity for your title and company to be featured globally as part of the India Hero Project
- Possibility for your game to be published by Sony Interactive Entertainment
Criteria for India Hero Project
- India-based game developer
- Legal entity in India
- Able to register as a PlayStation Registered Developer (Register PlayStation Partners)
Who can Apply for India Hero Project?
- Companies in game development (of any size) based out of India can submit their application online.
- International teams are welcome to register if they have a team in India and a registered entity in India.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App. You can find the latest car and bike news here.