Japanese consumer electronics maker Sony will soon be seen unveiling its new Xperia smartphone lineup at the upcoming Mobile World Congress 2019, which is scheduled to begin on February 25. However, there is no need for you to wait until then to see what the company will be launching.
This is because a report has surfaced on technology website 91mobiles with the leaks of the entire lot along with images, specifications and pricing details. The report says that Sony will be seen launching four smartphones at the upcoming technology show. These include Sony Xperia L3, Xperia 10, Xperia 10 Plus and the company’s flagship smartphone – Xperia 1.
We should mention that the names of the smartphones are the same as a previous leak by renowned tipster Evan Blass. The tipster had shared the images of Xperia 1, Xperia 10 and Xperia 10 Plus on his Twitter profile just a few hours before the report had surfaced online.
In the image, it can be seen that Sony is not changing the Xperia look too much. All the four devices will sport a design that is similar to Sony Xperia XZ2 and Xperia XZ3 that was launched last year. The devices will have curved metal edges and come with a side-mounted fingerprint scanner that will be embedded in the power buttons. However, even in this day and age, the bezels of the smartphone will be disappointingly large.
So, if you thought that Sony’s smartphones will come with an edge-to-edge display, you will have to be disappointed. But then, Sony will be getting something different as the devices will come with a 21:9 aspect ratio on its higher-end devices. The company even has a name for this kind of display and it will be calling it ‘Cinema-wide.’ This suggests that the display of smartphones will prove to be excellent when used for watching videos. Here’s a look at the rest of the specifications of the upcoming devices from Sony:
Sony Xperia 1
- 6.5-inch 4K HDR OLED display with an aspect ratio of 21:9; support for recording 4K HDR video in 21:9 format, and super slow-mo videos
- Triple rear camera setup with 12MP sensors (one regular wide-angle; one super-wide; one telephoto).
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor clubbed with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage (microSD card support of up to 512GB)
- 3,300mAh battery with fast charging
- Android Pie
- Price: CHF 1,099
Sony Xperia 10
- 6-inch full HD+ display with 21:9 aspect ratio
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor paired with 3GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage
- 13MP+8MP dual rear cameras, 8MP selfie camera
- 2,870mAh battery
- Android Pie
- Price: CHF 399
Sony Xperia 10 Plus
- 6.5-inch full HD+ display with 21:9 aspect ratio
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 processor with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage
- 12MP+8MP dual rear camera, 8MP selfie camera
- 3,000mAh battery
- Android Pie
- Price: CHF 499
Sony Xperia L3
- 5.7-inch HD+ display with 18:9 aspect ratio
- MediaTek 6762 processor paired with 3GB of RAM
- 13MP+2MP dual rear cameras, 8MP selfie camera
- 3,300mAh battery
- Android Oreo
- Price: CHF 199
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel.