Recently the popular chatting app WhatsApp extended group and voice video call limits on its platform. The company released this new feature in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic. As we already know to stop the spread of COVID-19 almost half of the world entered lockdown to maintain social distancing. To keep in touch or connected with your loved ones is still a necessity for everyone. Also, many companies are shut and the employees are working from home to keep the companies running. So keeping that in mind the social media app has doubled up the number of people to be allowed to participate during a group video or a voice call.
Earlier WhatsApp only supported a maximum of four people in a group call but now the company has increased the limit to 8 participants. The new feature is applicable to both group video as well as voice calls to allow up to 8 people at the same time. The feature will be rolled out to both Android as well as iOS users as it is an important part of the application. The company declared this new feature last week and at the time of the announcement the company ensured a global rollout by next week. Which means the new update will reach your device starting this week.
It is a very useful feature for those who are unaware and don’t know how to use other applications such as Google Meet, Zoom etc for making a group call. Whatsapp will allow you to join a new participant during a call who is already a part of your group chats.
To help you understand how the feature works here is our guide to help you make a group video or voice call on Whatsapp. Like we mentioned earlier the company will begin rolling out this new group calling update to the device starting this week which means the increased call limit should work as the existing one allowing up to four people to participate during a group call. And if you still don’t know how to make a group call then follow the steps to help you connect to your loved ones.
How to make a group voice or video call :
- Launch the WhatsApp Messenger app on your device
- Open calls tab next to the status tab and then tap on the call button from the bottom right corner.
- Now a list of contacts will open up to connect you through a WhatsApp call.
- Just before the contacts, you will find a New group call option
- Now hit on the New group call option and begin adding participants to which you want to connect through a group video or voice call.
- You can only add up three participants from your contact list for a group call.
- When you are done adding contacts that will be displayed on the top of the list you can either tap on the phone and video camera button to make a group voice or video calls respectively.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.