YouTube is world’s largest video streaming platform and millions of minutes of videos are uploaded on it everyday. It is also one of the biggest medium of social media out there, millions of people stream videos on YouTube almost every day. It would be not wrong to say that videos related to any topic can be found on YouTube. And with the growth of internet, YouTube too is growing at an astounding rate. You can find any type of video you are looking for on YouTube and you can even watch it for free. You would just need an internet connection, a PC or a laptop or a smartphone and you can just go to YouTube viaweb or application, search for the video and watch it.
There might come a time when you would want a video to download and save it on your device so that you can show it to your friends or watch it later without the internet. But it should be noted that although the smartphone’s app version of YouTube comes with a feature to download the video, the website doesn’t. But you can still download the YouTube videos even if there is no download button available on the platform.
How to download YouTube videos on your smartphone:
- To download any video from YouTube you would need a smartphone and the application installed in it. Once you have the application, you need to open it and log in to it.
- After logging in, you will be taken to YouTube’s homepage. From there you can search for the video by typing the video’s name on the search bar. Click on Search.
- Once the search results are given you can click on the video you want to download.
- After the video starts playing, you will see options below the video. You need to find the Download button with a downward arrow icon above it. Click on it.
- After clicking, you will be given an option to choose the video quality you want the video to be downloaded in – High (720p), Medium (360p) or Low (144p). Choose the resolution and click on OK.
- The video will start downloading. Once it is downloaded, you can watch it even without the internet.
How to download YouTube videos on your PC:
- Downloading YouTube videos on PC is a bit different than smartphones but some of the steps are the same. First you need to go to the main YouTube website and then type in the name of the video you want to download.
- Once you see the video in the search result, click on it to play it.
- After that, you will be taken to a different webpage. Once there, you need to copy the full link of the video.
- Then you need to go to any online YouTube video downloader. You can search for it using Google.
- After that, you need to enter the link you copied to the area which says – Paste Link here.
- Once it is done, you can change the format and quality of the video with the controls given there.
- Then you can choose the quality of the video you want to download and then click on Download. The video will start downloading.
- The downloaded video will be saved in your Downloads folder as default.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.