The software features of online casinos have evolved since their inception and if you can get access to the old versions of online casinos, you would perfectly understand how vast a difference there is. This innovation when you compare some casinos’ interfaces thanks to onlinecasinofinder (New Zealand), you can tell it is largely due to the development of software developers.
What exactly makes online casino software different from regular software and if there are similarities, what would they be?
Table of Contents
What is Casino Software?
The whole talk about casino software is not to create yet another mystery in the casino world. There are two main types of casino software and they are:
- Online casino software Providers: These are independent companies that are responsible for developing online casino games and the necessary mechanics that make up for playing the games. Any games played by a bettor on any online casino are a product of these software providers or developers. An online casino can be considered as a vessel that houses multiple casino games and the software that is owned by the Casino is what is often referred to as casino software by default.
- Casino Software where API integrates: This is a second type of online casino software and it is necessary if the casino operators are different from the game developers. This difference is what makes it necessary for the online casino website to need an Application Programming Interface (API) that is responsible for maintaining the games to work on the designed website. A simple website created when the actual game developer is different from the operator will not work and an integration is required.
Most times, the most popular online casinos have separate software developers and software providers. Many popular developers like NetEnt, Microgaming, etc., are both developers and game providers, unlike a company like SoftSwiss which specialises in creating casino software. Companies like NetEnt develop ready-made online casino software that can be launched by anyone with no need for a deep knowledge of software development. The maintenance of this software is also taken care of by the developers which in any case seems cost-effective than having a separate developer and software provider.
Choosing The Best Casino Software
There can’t be a successful online gambling industry without online casino software, it determines many things about the casino including the quality of games. Having a good gambling experience, and enjoyable and safe gambling is all tied to choosing the right online casino software.
The games on online casinos usually have similar concepts and the major difference has been through the basic themes and game mechanics. Games like pokies no matter which casino have the same game concept but what sets each one apart is the theme used by each casino software provider.
In looking for good online casino software, you should select a software provider that has a variety of games in its library. Having the same website provider and game developer is even better because it allows for a better game offering. And even much better is having a game developer who can develop table games, slots, and live dealer games.
When looking for game and website compatibility, there are 3 software types:
- Download Software: This type of online casino software works with an API when it is downloaded into your device, and that’s typically on a desktop. This type of casino software takes up a lot of space on desktop devices and it must meet the requirements of the system in use.
- Instant Play Software: This is generally a web-based online casino software which means you can access the games via a browser. These games are often compatible with many devices, from desktops to regular mobile phones.
- Mobile Software: Most software developers who do mobile software focus on making the mobile adaptation of online casino games. The only limitation of this type of software is that you may be unable to play the casino games on a desktop.
This is the next criterion to consider before choosing an online casino software Provider. Obtaining a license from government gambling agencies is not just limited to the casino operators but also the software providers. Not obtaining an appropriate license from the required body makes an online casino provider just as illegal as an online casino with no license.
There are some online casino software providers, but one thing to ensure before choosing one is to consider the reputation of the providers in the casino industry. Reading reviews is a very basic way to get an insight into how a certain software provider is perceived and received among many punters and online casino providers.
Top Online Casino Software Providers
The online casino software provider industry is increasing as much as the casino itself has been increasing and everyone is seeking to be regarded as the best in the industry.
Here are a few companies who have carved a reputation for themselves as the best in the industry:
- NetEnt: This is one online casino software pioneer that is still giving its very best since its establishment in 1996. The company has successfully developed more than 200 outstanding casino games and has gotten the license from more than 20 countries. Their best games include Gonzo’s Quest and Starburst.
- Playtech: Here is the largest online game software provider currently in the world and their dominance is unarguable. They are the best when it comes to providing a B2B casino business relationship. Their best casino games are slots.
- Play’n GO: This is a casino software provider known for its ever-attractive slot games. They have one of the best slot themes that easily captivates punters, old and new alike. Their most popular and most sought-after casino game is Book of Dead.
- Microgaming: This is a software provider that is credited with the tag of being the founding company of online gambling. Started way back in 1994 and has still set itself apart as an elite software provider. Mega Moolah which is known as the largest progressive jackpot was developed by Microgaming.
Choosing the right online casino software is important.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For the newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App. You can find the latest car and bike news here.