In remote work life where everything revolves around connecting online, Google Meet is one of the platforms to meet our needs. Google has made the video meeting platform free with all its services. Many have shown appreciation for Google Meets and the service that it offers. Another good reason for video call users accessing the service gives options to jump from one video calling service to another. However, even Google Meet can face audio issues sometimes. Read the guide below to fix the audio issues.
Table of Contents
Test your audio before joining any meeting:
Before heading to any advanced setting to fix the audio problem in Google meets. It is important to test your audio before you join or accept any video meetings.
- Open your Google meet and on the homepage>Click on check audio and video on the bottom left corner.
- Settings>Audio>Microphone and speakers.
- To test your speakers click on the test button>Press Done.
Check if Google Meet has the selected device speakers:
The audio issue can be from device speakers settings. So you should open the Google meeting and go to the Google meet settings if the right speakers of the device have been selected. Just in case if the settings have not selected the device speakers the problems with the audio issue are from here. Check the steps to check the settings.
- Open Google Meet.
- Go to settings.
- From the left panel select audio to see if the device speakers have been selected on the Google meets setting and not any other third-party speakers
- From the right windows scroll to the options: Microphone and Speakers.
- On the Microphone option, make sure it is on Default.
- And on the speakers, make the speakers setting relevant to your device> Or EpocCam is also an option.
Update your audio drivers:
Another reason for your audio not working on Google Meet might be because the audio driver has not been updated lately. The corrupt drivers on your computers must be the biggest reasons for your audio problems while using Google meets. Follow the steps to update your audio drivers and to fix the audio issues on Google meets.
- Search for Device manager on the search bar at the bottom left corner.
- Open the Device manager function.
- Scroll down and find Sound, video, and game controller.
- From the option, you will see two options: Realtek audio and Intel(R) display audio
- Right-click on Realtek audio and update drivers.
Other additional settings you can do are: You can disable your Bluetooth and disconnect all your Bluetooth devices since the audio might be connected to one of his Bluetooth devices. And you can also close all your tabs that are open in your browser because speakers might be accessible to one of these tabs and it might cause problems if Google Meet audio. Follow the steps above and you might fix your audio problem in Google Meet.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.