As the new normal life demands everything to be remote. Zoom has become the most popular video meetings and calls platform. As you might have experienced, scheduling your meetings is more frequent and necessary. But what will be the point if the audio is not audible at all. There are some ways you can fix the audio issues on Zoom meetings. Check the guide below.
Check your microphone before joining a meeting:
Zoom allows you to test your microphone before joining a meeting. Make sure you have put the settings to automatically join by computer audio. Similarly, you can test your audio speakers and also test your microphones. Here is the guide to test your audio before joining a meeting.
- When you are connecting to a video meeting>A page will appear with two options: Join with Computer Audio, and Test Speakers and Microphone.
- Click on Test Speakers and Microphone.
- From a pop-up window, you will see the option to test your speakers>Do you want to hear a ringtone hit yes.
- If you do not hear a sound, change the speakers.
- Now Zoom will ask for the Speak and pause>Make sure the microphone is audible.
- Now you can join the meeting.
Check the advanced audio settings:
Another step you can do if you are facing audio issues on your Zoom meeting is by going to advanced audio settings. Basically, these advanced settings are for reducing background noise and to enhance audio. But it is also designed to fix low audio or any audio problems in Zoom. Follow below to solve the audio problem.
- On the zoom screen>Click on the half arrow on mute.
- Go to audio settings>Check if the Suppress background noise is in auto.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap Advanced.
- From the options click on the half arrow>Check if it is on auto.
Update your computer audio driver:
The audio issue on your Zoom meeting might also be from your computer audio driver. There is a very high chance that your computer audio driver is outdated and it is not compatible with the Zoom meeting audio settings. So updating the audio driver might fix the problem with the audio issues in Zoom. Read the steps below to check the audio driver.
- Right-click on the Window icon.
- And select Device manager.
- Click on Sound Video, and game controllers with the help of the half arrow next to it.
- Again use the right-click and from the open up page>Update driver.
- Now go to the zoom meeting to check for the audio after you update the audio driver.
You can always restart your Computer and check if that solves the problem.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.